Alternative Medicine/Natural Remedies for Source of Eye Pain, Head Pain, and Other Body Pains

QUESTION: Hello Dr. Melamed,

I get a lot of pain in my left eye and headaches. My eyes are sensitive to light when I have headaches. Sometimes, my left eye throbs and pulsates. Reading is a major trigger for this eye pain. The pain is only in my left eye, not the right one. The ophthalmologist diagnosed my eye pain as iritis in my left eye and said that the iris is inflamed. He wants to prescribe steroids. Do you have any suggestions of natural remedies for this?

Also, he said that iritis is often related to Lyme disease, arthritis, and other autoimmune diseases. He prescribed bloodwork. Years ago, I did wake up to a tick on my forehead. Do you think I might have Lyme disease?

Additionally, I have other health problems that may be related to the iritis. I have a weird pain in my left lower jaw, and a less frequent pain in my right lower jaw. I also have a kidney infection, which is currently being treated with whole food supplements. I also have yeast infections in my stomach and liver, and I'm treating them with Myrrh gum. I also feel weird nerve sensations, like zigzagging or crawling, in the lower back of my head, and I have these nerve sensations in my arms and legs, though the sensations is most common in the head. I also feel sporadic vibrations along my legs and head.  I also have a cyst on my right leg. I also have neck and back pain, especially on my left side. Sometimes, when I'm reading, I get sharp back pain on my upper left part of the back. I also have toenail and foot fungus, which I am currently treating with tea tree oil. I also get stomach pain when running. I also have a hard time falling asleep; it takes a lot of time.

Years before the eye pain began, I also got pain in my left knee. My doctor thinks that my knee is healthy, and that the pain is referred pain--perhaps from my liver or stomach infections.

The headaches are pretty severe. They make me feel exhausted. I often get pain on the left side of my forehead, directly above my left eye. The pain is also in different areas of my head. When I get headaches, I crave sugar and fatty foods. The doctor used a machine to take photos of the nerves inside my eyes, and the nerves look healthy. My retina is also healthy.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get my eye and head pain fixed? Before the eye pain began in May 2013, I would spend a lot of time reading; I was very devoted to my studies, and often stressed and afraid of not doing perfectly on exams. These eye pains have really disrupted my life. I have seen countless doctors, and many are confused about my health problems. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can relieve my eye and head pain. I believe that holistic remedies are the most powerful. Do you have any ideas on what could be the root of my health problems? I am trying very hard to get healthy. I have been practicing yoga and making dietary changes lately, and I'm trying to learn more things I can do to get my body healthy again. Thank you for the help.

ANSWER: Dear Angelica

Your left eye pain and all your symptoms show that many systems are involved and eye pain can be a symptom of infection, toxicity, chemical sensitivity, and allergy. Looking for symptomatic therapy such as “Natural Remedies for Source of Eye Pain, Head Pain, and Other Body Pains” without realizing what the cause of many your problems is useless. You need holistic approach to your condition.

First, that came to my mind is dysbiosis with Candida-yeast overgrowth. Candida is a big mimicker.
I know many ways to decrease pain, inflammation, but it will be unprofessional to give you medical advice without knowing your medical dates.

Therefore, I send you to my EBook” Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You” Part 1. You may find a lot of information such as why you are sick, what is dysbiosis, Candida, and more.
No doubt for me that pancreas also is a part of your problems.

If you will experience pains, I can give you good advice if fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and send it to me by email or fax.

After that, call to my office for phone consultation. I help many with your situation.

Have good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

QUESTION: Hello Dr. Melamed,

Thank you for the response. I definitely plan on reading your eBook, and I'm thinking about doing the phone consultation. Since my top priority is to get my eye pain relieved, I would like to know, have you heard of other people getting iritis from Candida overgrowth? Is it possible for Candida overgrowth to cause eye pain? I am so surprised by that. I would like to know whether you have heard of other people getting eye pain from Candida.

Thank you very much for the help with this. Looking forward to your ebook!

Dear Angelica

I feel your low confidence to my words and uncertainty that I can help you.
It is OK.

I have read your first letter one more time. Besides eye and headache pain, you have many symptoms and conditions, which can be related to systemic inflammation and infection, low immunity or autoimmune disorders, chemical, food sensitivity, problems with deficiency of vital nutrients. It is very suspicious to the intestinal dysbiosis (Candida-yeast overgrowth). Steroids from doctors or herbs from practitioners may help temporally.
Your condition requires verification of the underlying cause of the uveitis (iritis) and systemic treatment.

I do not like promises; therefore, I just may help you with diagnose and non-drug treatment.  

Have good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Alternative Medicine

Peter Melamed PhD

I have MD degree and decades of the experience in holistic medicine, acupuncture, herbs, cleansing techniques’, diet and drinking healing mineral water, nutritional supplementation and hypnosis. I think, I can answer many questions in the area of non-drug treatment of various chronic diseases, especially gastrointestinal disorders. I am a holistic practitioner at Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco, California

I worked as an MD (anesthesiology, intensive care, gastroenterology, Men’s health, etc) in USSR. PhD in Western Medicine. Alternative medicine practitioner in the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco for 20 years.

I published many articles in internet and EBook: "Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You" 550 pages and more than 300 references. References 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

In U.S Acupuncture CA license and National Certification Commission for Acupuncture. RN CA license