Alternative Medicine/fertility/sore breasts

Dear KD Elizabeth Beisinger:

In 2005-2006, I had two (possibly three) miscarriages and went to a fertility doctor who gave me the drug Clomid since I had irregular menstrual cycles (6 to 10 weeks between
periods).  I conceived and carried to full-term.  I then conceived two more children after that on my own with no problems.  I was almost 38 when I had my last. Now, I will
soon be 42 and still longing for one more child despite the odds.  I had a miscarriage again in 2012 and one in 2013.  All of them were "missed miscarriages” where the baby had died around the 5 to 6 week mark, but bleeding didn't happen spontaneously. I
added supplemental iodine to my diet then and carried a baby last year to almost 12 weeks when it died.  My cycles are usually always five weeks apart now (sometimes 6).  I used
to always conceive on the first try, but now I have tried for six months and nothing.  I understand it could be my age or stress, as my mother has end-stage cancer. I am using natural/alternative means to deal with stress as well. I know the importance of diet and exercise, and I try to stay away from things like wheat, dairy, sugar and processed foods as much as possible. I use progestelle progesterone oil for the second half of my cycle.  
I started to take shatavari and false unicorn root a month ago.  Three months ago, I started to take Femtrol by Enzymatic Therapy brand which contains dong quai root extract, chaste tree berry extract, hesperidin, black cohosh root extract, licorice root/rhizome extract, and fennel seed. I also drink red raspberry leaf tea and take maca root powder. I have taken just plain chaste berry for years which seemed to help my cycles a little.  
I only take these herbs during the first half of my cycle only in case I get pregnant. I also started having sore breasts and cramping during the premenstrual period last year which is something new for me, and I would like to get rid of that. So far nothing seems to have helped. I have heard that it takes a while for herbs to really work, and my question is how long should I expect it to take? I don't know if this regimen is right for me or not, but like you, I also believe that true healing can only come from Adonai. Thank you in advance for any information or advice you can give me.

Melodie P.

Dear Melody,

I've given your situation some added consideration.  You have a number of factors that may simply be telling you to enjoy the children who have already blessed your life.  There is also the emotional pressure of "trying" that often inhibits getting pregnant.  No one seems to have the reason for it, but it continues to be proven out with couples who struggle with infertility.  Actually, if I understand your timeline, your situation seems to have proven that as well with your last two children after struggling to get pregnant before your first child.

I tend to lean more toward simplicity with herbal remedies.  I truly believe pure organic red raspberry leaf tea throughout the month would probably be the best for your body and a very good natural prenatal vitamin to strengthen your body for the potential of a pregnancy.  It sounds like your diet is good.  

I don't want to sound harsh, but I sense that your focus on your cycle is actually hindering you.  You are taking a great number of products.  I really think you should sort through and simplify.  I will pray for you to hear what the will of Adonai is regarding your family expansion and what your body needs, if there is another child in His plan for you.

Kind Regards,
KD Liz

P.S.  I'm not sure how a revised answer works, here at AllExperts, so I've added a PS.  I think you should consider Pure Essential Rose Oil.  The two main functions of this oil is to address female issues and grief.  Between your mother's illness and your own frustration of trying to conceive, rose essential oil may be quite helpful.  I know it's very good for soreness and cramps before a period and is said to help balance hormones through the month.  ~  Shalom

Alternative Medicine

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger

I am a Messianic missionary. I am a homeopathic practitioner, as well as an herbalist, reflexologist, iridologist, and author. I believe healing comes from Adonai and we are healed first in our spirit. My website is:

I have practiced reflexology for 25 years, been a Master Herbalist and an Ordained Minister for 10.

Many Voices, Poets of the 20th Century, Creation Therapy, Simply Abundant