Alternative Medicine/Emphysema and herbs

Question
Hello Leo
I have various issues but I'll stick to the emphysema I have (caused by dust pollution, not by smoking). . As I can walk for miles I assume I do not have it too badly yet.

I understand some plants have "elastase-inhibitors" in them. As it is elastase which eats away at the collegen in the lungs I am interested in such plants.  One such plant is  White tea! ( I can't remember the Latin name for it). I have read research saying it contains the highest amount of a substance (phenolic compounds).
Is it possible to make a "tincture" out of the leaves of white tea?
Will it help?  Wha dosage? Is it safe?
Any other ideas you may have?   

Thank you for your time.
John

Answer
Dear John,

White tea is made from Camellia sinensis.(Wikipedia)

Currently there is no general accepted definition of white tea and very little international agreement. One source says that white tea is minimal processed tea (just drying, no fermentation or other procedures)[1] Another says that "white tea is made from buds and young leaves, which are steamed or fired to inactivate polyphenol oxidase, and then dried."[2]

It is harvested primarily in China, mostly in the Fujian province,[3] but more recently it is grown in Eastern Nepal, Taiwan, Northern Thailand, Galle (Southern Sri Lanka) and India.

White tea comes from the buds and leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. The leaves and buds are allowed to wither and dry in natural sun.

The name "white tea" derives from the fine silvery-white hairs on the unopened buds of the tea plant, which gives the plant a whitish appearance.[4] The beverage itself is not white or colourless but pale yellow, light to the taste, and is free shaped.

You have many other plants with phenolic compounds: berries, chocolate, ...
Will it help? slightly
dosage - 3 cups a day
safe - yes

.is possible to make a tincture

Alternative Medicine

Dr. Leo Nollet