Alternative Medicine/Emphysema

Hi Ronda
I have, among my various issues, emphysema, (caused by dust, not smoking).so I'll stick to that. As I can walk for miles then I assume my emphysema is not very advanced yet.

I have seen all sorts of "cures" from Sound Therapy to RIFE machines etc etc.

Any suggestions what might help?  Have you heard any positive  testimonials.  I have a RIFE machine but have not learned how to use it yet!  Likewise a SOTA Lightworks, and various other gadgets.
Sadly SOTA are not allowed to put any of their many testimonials on their site as the Gestapo FDA won't allow it.   

Any advice appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

Hi John

Your situation is a perfect example of a very, very common misunderstanding about natural, holistic & alternative health. It is also a very dangerous misunderstanding that leavea well- meaning folks open to the worst kinds of quackery and fraud. Please let me explain.

Modern, mainstream, scientific medicine is "allopathy"...meaning it takes specific symptoms and diagnosis and then counteracts them with specific treatments. Just because something is "natural" (like an herb) or non-pharmaceutical (like these gadgets) does NOT mean that it is holistic or is used in a holistic, natural way!

Stinging nettle is an example. If you use it to dry up the runny nose of a pollen allergy (counteract a specific symptom / diagnosis) then even though it is a natural unprocessed herb, it is still being used purely as an allopathic medicine.

On the other hand, holistic and true alternative medicine works from the standpoint of connected systems and overall functioning. An herbalist may suggest stinging nettle, but they will do so because of how it makes the whole immune system work more normally and because it can get to the root cause of the problem and help a whole VARIETY OF PROBLEMS at the same time in one fell swoop.

So the key in your question is the phrase "various issues"...not emphysema, and certainly not the quack machinery.

The very best recommendation I can give you is to find a real holistic practitioner and work with them in person, face to face, to find the root cause of all of your "various issues". You two can work together to improve your total overall functioning and help you to thrive in every possible way...THAT is your solution - not questionable machines that are actually working on an allopathic model even though they want you to think they are "alternative".

My suggestion would be to find a good doctor of traditional Chinese medicine who might be able to suggest a combination of diet, exercise, herbs, maybe accupuncture, maybe moxibustion...a comprehensive program that can help you on a wide-ranging and truly holistic level.

Good luck to you!

Alternative Medicine

Ronda Snow, Ph.D.

Ph.D. in Natural Health, Bachelor of Science in Medical Science, Reiki Master, U.L.C. ordained Preceptor. My specialty is stress reduction with Reiki and Meditation. I support an integrated approach, using the best of both mainstream and Holistic Health. All information is for personal enrichment only. Nothing said can diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness, nor does this opinion take the place of professional health care. Use at your own risk.

Ph.D in Natural Health. Clinical experience in psychiatry and cardiology as a nationally certified Physician Assistant (1987 - 2000). Reiki Master-practitioner since 2000.

Point of Light Magazine, spring 2000. "Bead Mindful, Begin Meditating" e-book available at "PeaceTarot" guide to daily meditation Tarot for Kindle on

non-accredited Ph.D with High Honors Clayton College of Natural Health (2011). Bachelor of Science in Medical Science, Alderson-Broaddus College (1987). Reiki Master-practitioner in traditional Usui method (2000), Ordained minister, preceptor, Universal Life Church, Modesto, CA, USA(2005)

Outstanding Young Women of America 1988, 1997, Writer's Castle poet of the year 2004

I keep all client information strictly confidential