Alternative Medicine/Stuff for depression/anxiety

hi! I would like to know what are some good things to use for anxiety/depression that are pretty easy to take and doesn't interact with other medications? (Only medicine I am on is a birth control-springtec).  I rather use something natural or herbal for anxiety and depression.

I just got off prescribed meds 2 weeks ago and I do feel better so far after being off :)

Hi Kelly,
I a mdicattionn is potent enough to be helpful then it is also potent enough to be harmful. Now that we have that streight I can proceed.
There is a homeopathic medication called Calms Forte that I recommend for anxiety. It seems to be safe. As for depression, St. Johns Wort  can be used for mild depression. It has a similar mechanism of action to prescription medications such as Citalopram but is weaker. It would be xpected also to have a similar drug interaction profile. Herbal and alternative treatments are not studied as vigorously as pescription mdications so information is lacking.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Alternative Medicine

Eric Brandt

I will answer questions regarding prescripion and non prescription drugs as well as commonly used mdicinal herbs. I will also answer questions on various medical conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, thyroid problems, diabets, menopause, parkinson`s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression etc.

I am a practicing hospital pharmacist with 10 years experience in hospital and 10 years retail pharmacy experience prior to that.
I have my own drug information web site at I also publish an online newsletter. Subscription is free. To learn more go to

Contributed to an article in CNS Drugs. Currently publishing a free monthly nwletter. To learn more go to

B.Sc. Pharm