Alternative Medicine/St. Johns wort

Hello there,

I suffer with anxiety and depression. I am thinking about taking St. Johns wort ( I am not on any other meds). I have the loose herb. What would you think is the best way to take the dosage. A tea, a tincture, buy some pill capsules? I just don't know what to do with it. Thank you for your time.

Dear Jason

My teacher thought me the long time ago that there is no right herbal formula without St. Johns wort.
Real herb as a tea is used to treat some ailments including nervous and digestive disorders, depression, neuralgia, abdominal cramps, infections, and kidney problems and as well as anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial remedy.
For depression is used standardized extract 300 mg x 3-4 a day. It is better to combine the extract and whole herb; therefore, I use the St. John’s Wort Max-V from Douglas Lab.

I have treated depression for decades. Frankly, if "the big depression" did not run in your family (heredity), I think it needs to verify the reasons for depression. Self-treatment on the Internet is not the solution and sometimes is unsafe. Let’s see what can be.
•    Stress, adrenal fatigue
•    Not enough sleep
•    Chronic infections
•    Seasonal deficiency of sun light
•    Food sensitivity
•    Weak balance of the beneficial intestinal bacteria, Candida-yeast overgrowth
•    Hypothyroid
•    Disposition of the upper neck vertebrae
•    Deficiencies of the minerals, trace elements, some vitamins and more

I wish you health without depression.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.

Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Alternative Medicine

Peter Melamed PhD

I have MD degree and decades of the experience in holistic medicine, acupuncture, herbs, cleansing techniques’, diet and drinking healing mineral water, nutritional supplementation and hypnosis. I think, I can answer many questions in the area of non-drug treatment of various chronic diseases, especially gastrointestinal disorders. I am a holistic practitioner at Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco, California

I worked as an MD (anesthesiology, intensive care, gastroenterology, Men’s health, etc) in USSR. PhD in Western Medicine. Alternative medicine practitioner in the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco for 20 years.

I published many articles in internet and EBook: "Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You" 550 pages and more than 300 references. References 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

In U.S Acupuncture CA license and National Certification Commission for Acupuncture. RN CA license