Alternative Medicine/Book Question

I am looking for a book about healing using herbs, vitamins, and such. Or I guess what is called alternative medicine. My father would like a book like this to put into his disaster shelter. There are so many books out there about this I am unsure which one to purchase. Any help or advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you help and time in answering my question.

ANSWER: Dear Suzie!

There is a book “Prescription for Nutritional Healing” by Phyllis A.Balch, CNC. You may find it on the Internet.
Frankly, I am very concern about self-treatment. It is wise to have the knowledgeable medical practitioner for consultation.

Have good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

QUESTION: This is info will only be used in the event of a disaster. I have no desire to try and treat myself unless I cannot get medical care.

Dear Suzie!
Thank you for the smart outcome.
Be healthy and happy.
If you need advice, you may call me. I am an old fashioned medical doctor. It means I am safe and know the power of body’s self-healing.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Alternative Medicine

Peter Melamed PhD

I have MD degree and decades of the experience in holistic medicine, acupuncture, herbs, cleansing techniques’, diet and drinking healing mineral water, nutritional supplementation and hypnosis. I think, I can answer many questions in the area of non-drug treatment of various chronic diseases, especially gastrointestinal disorders. I am a holistic practitioner at Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco, California

I worked as an MD (anesthesiology, intensive care, gastroenterology, Men’s health, etc) in USSR. PhD in Western Medicine. Alternative medicine practitioner in the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco for 20 years.

I published many articles in internet and EBook: "Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You" 550 pages and more than 300 references. References 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

In U.S Acupuncture CA license and National Certification Commission for Acupuncture. RN CA license