Alternative Medicine/Folic acid

Hi can you please tell me if its ok to take methyfolate in higher doses when breastfeeding.

Hello Linda,

I can only suggest taking the recommended amount unless their is a health issues that otherwise needs it and then I suggest taking a complete B complex. This would be something a practitioner would need to see you in person to be able to suggest. This information is for educational purposes only and should not be used to diagnose and treat diseases. If you have any health problems consult a health practitioner before embarking on any course of treatment.

Alternative Medicine

Tonja Wells

Tonja Wells is a Certified Natural Health Professional. (C.N.H.P.) and a Certified Herbal Health Consultation (N.H.C.). She is currently working on her Naturopathic Doctors degree. She has been working as an herbalist since 1992 years. Tonja can answer your questions on herbs and herbal health needs in most areas such as having more energy, weight loss, allergies, stress, depression, ADHD, hormones, stress, PMS, menopause, herbs for children and much more. She specializes in putting complete herbal health and nutritional programs together for clients.

I am a certified Natural Health Professional and certified as an Herbal Health Consultant. I have been working with clients for 10 years. I also have a web site you can visit to obtain more information. You can visit me at

Certified Natural Health Professional through Certified Herbal Health Consultant