Alternative Medicine/Reflexology


spiritgal wrote at 2010-05-26 12:41:34
well, I am in new england and 1500 is cheap. ours is almost 3000.  so good deal in my book. States have to get into all our pockets somehow, so licensing is a good way for them to earn a little extra. A lot of states now require licensing.

Jason B Bour wrote at 2012-01-26 05:25:57
It has to be a TN approve class, and now it is 500 hours.

Dr. Carol Ann Baily wrote at 2013-05-13 07:27:20
The Nashville Academy of Reflexology received Authorization from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission to offer a 300-hour Reflexology Certification program.  The State of Tennessee requires 200 hours of training.  NAR's program includes 200 hours of classes, plus 100 hours of supervised practicum which meet the national standards and permits students completing the program to become certified not only in Tennessee, but also could take the national test to become certified in other states.  We welcome Michael to contact us for details about NAR's program so that he could become a Registered Certified Reflexologist in Tennessee.  Our website is: and the phone is 615-934-1034.

Dr. Carol Ann Baily, Director

Nashville Academy of Reflexology

411 East Iris Dr Suite B

Nashville, TN  37204

Dr. Carol Ann Baily wrote at 2013-05-13 07:56:32
The Tennessee Higher Education Commission requires that practicum courses be supervised, and not merely documented, so the reflexology program offered by the International Institute of Reflexology in St. Petersburg, FL, would not meet the requirements for certification as a reflexologist in Tennessee.  Only 100 hours of course work would be considered from that program and the state of Tennessee requires 200 hours of training for certification.

Therefore, we would suggest that Mike look into the new certification program at Nashville Academy of Reflexology.  Check out the website at: .

Dr. Carol Ann Baily, Director

Nashville Academy of Reflexology

411 East Iris Dr. Suite B

Nashville, TN  37204


Dr. Carol Ann Baily wrote at 2013-05-23 21:21:37
I believe you should remove this question and answer since it dates to 2004 and is no longer relevant in any way.

There is now an approved school of Reflexology, the Nashville Academy of Reflexology offering a 300-hour certification program in 6 months.  Either post my earlier response that completes the answer, or simply remove this question since it is no longer helpful to anyone else.  

Alternative Medicine

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I have been a professional massage therapist since 1986 and a Reiki II practitioner since 1998. I am providing massage services to spas in the Palm Springs, CA area and to private clientele daily. My specialties are Swedish massage, Deep Tissue, Lymph Drainage massage, Therapeutic massage, Reflexology and Reiki energy balancing. I will provide opinions and suggestions in response to questions, but I will not diagnose any conditions. Thank you for considering me as an expert in my field for your situation. BTW, as of June 1, 2006, I am celebrating 20 years in the massage therapy field.


B.A. from San Francisco State University, Massage Certification from National Holistic Institute, Emeryville, CA, updated training from Alexandria School of Scientific Therapeutics, Alexandria, IN. Also member in good standing of AMTA.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]