Alternative Medicine for Pets/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
question about treating inflammation1/15/2017Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: My chihushus is 8 years old, she has a hypothyroid and everytime we take her they expect us to get ...
  A: Look around for another VET in the area. YOU really do need the thyroid medications. See if ...
glaucoma in dog supplements to help 3/12/2016Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: My dog was recently diagnosed with glaucoma. He takes 1 baby aspirin twice a day for any pain he ...
  A: Linda, This supplement will help to lessen some of the symptoms of Glaucoma. Order here you can ...
Diatomaceous Earth for pet fleas and worms 2/25/2016Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: Will feeding Diatomaceous Earth to my dog prevent/protect him from getting Heart Worm? Thank you, ...
  A: D.E. will only help with your basic intestinal worms in a canine. From what I have seen it does NOT ...
Colloidal Silver a pet's natural antibiotic 12/17/2015Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: I just started my dog (beagle/doxie mix) on the colloidal silver yesterday. He has a lung infection ...
  A: Colloidal Silver and your pet's infections; Natural Antibiotic , Hi Cynthia, It depends.. HOPE ...
red swollen vagina with Shih Tzu5/31/2015Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: it is red, swollen, is there something natural I can put on it or bathe to make it feel better for ...
  A: Yes, I bet she has a yeast infection now. YOU can give the Vet a call and see what they say. ...
Dog Unable to Walk or Jump4/30/2015Susan R Griffin
  Q: Hoping you can advise. About 2 months ago I brought my dog, 12 yo English Mastiff female, to a big ...
  A: I am so very sorry to hear about your poor friend's condition. Unfortunately, there is nothing ...
Puppy With Bronchitis4/26/2015Susan R Griffin
  Q: Susan Can I use Chinese Clear Lungs for my 8 week old boxer? He has bronchitis and the medicine ...
  A: Not being a vet, I am not permitted to "prescribe", but I have found that most herbal remedies that ...
Heartgard alternative3/27/2015Susan R Griffin
  Q: My Scottish Terrier has TCC Bladder Cancer and is in remission at this time. I want to stop giving ...
  A: Yes! Nosodes are your answer, and they are available on my web site: http://naturalsforanimals.com . ...
Congested Cat question?3/13/2015Susan R Griffin
  Q: I have a male cat who is 9 yrs old and suddenly became congested this morning. He is sneezing & ...
  A: I am not a vet, so I am not able to give you a diagnosis, so you may want to consult a vet. There is ...
hemorroid3/7/2015Susan R Griffin
  Q: I was reading some questions and answers on the site and wanted to ask one in regard to hemorrhoids ...
  A: Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I imagine that you have gone to the vet by now which ...
Cat with runny stool2/9/2015Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: My 9 year old cat has constant runny stool. I've had him to the vet on several occasions and was ...
  A: give your cat some Metamucil powder - just 1/8 to 1/4 of a teaspoon per meal -- mix it with some wet ...
50 lb. collie mix dog with hair balls1/29/2015Susan R Griffin
  Q: will cooking oil work on dogs the same as cats for hair balls. If yes how much should I give her and ...
  A: Cooking oil will help, but even better is your basic cat hairball product. There are several all ...
rough, bumpy, flaky skin on back of mini schnauzer1/25/2015Susan R Griffin
  Q: My mini schnauzer, Boone, who is almost 6 years old, has developed patches of bumpy, flaky skin, ...
  A: Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but my computer was i9n the shop until today. Schnauzers ...
stiff hind legs in english bulldog1/13/2015Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: My dog has been on Nupro Joint Supplement for Dogs for about a year; It's a powder and he is not ...
  A: Joint Supplements for Canines ; Hi Jamie, In regards to the Nupro Joint Supplement and the ...
my dog12/30/2014Shanti of The Nature of the Beasts
  Q: My baby boy was given enalapril for congestive heart failure along with furosimide. The side effects ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear about your pup's struggles and congestive heart failure! Did you immediately ...
Dogs skin11/24/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I have a French mastiff 4 yrs old who gets pimple like lumps on his back and underneath him I have ...
  A: Sorry I took so long to get back to you. The best thing I can tell you to do is to go to my web ...
Panosteitis treatment help-Thanks in advance!11/4/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: My 1 year old German Shepherd just got diagnosed with Panosteitis, which showed up in his right rear ...
  A: If possible, I would put him on a totally raw diet. The fact that all of the enzymes are alive and ...
fireworks10/22/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: Do you have any idea what kind of medicine is usefull to treat my dog. He gets extremly nervous at ...
  A: There are several holistic remedies that could be used. HerbSmith has a calming herbal formula; the ...
cat tapeworms10/13/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I have two cats, one female - 4 yrs old - 7lbs & one male - 7 yrs old - 9lbs. Both have tapeworm. We ...
  A: My daughter has several cats and when any of them gets tape worms, she does something that is going ...
Precious10/2/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I am caring for my daughter's 11 year old, 18 lb Min Pin while she is overseas working. Her name is ...
  A: This is a situation that really needs to be handled by a holistic vet. One of the best in the ...
Sick Beagle9/20/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: My dog is a 17 year old female beagle. Her stomach suddenly became bloated and very hard. This same ...
  A: Yours' is not the only town with rip off vet practices, believe me, it is standard everywhere. I ...
tameral-P9/20/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: my Bichon (age 9) has allergies and has been on the medication for several years. How can I get her ...
  A: This is a much bigger question than I can possibly answer here. However, I have written a book ...
My cat needs help9/4/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: My Maine Coon cat, Marbles, is about 5 1/2 years ago. I took her to the vet recently when she became ...
  A: Shannon, I am sorry to have taken so long to get back to you. The chances of the tumor and possibly ...
Liver Disease in Dogs8/15/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: When we took her to the vet he diagnosed it as a liver problem. She is on antibiotics and ...
  A: I would call holistic vet Dr Gerald Wessner at 352-245-2025 and schedule a phone consultation. He is ...
boston terrier skin7/5/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: medicated baths and vitamins (ages) she got better temporarily she is sick again and started a ...
  A: Sorry to have taken so long to answer. It sounds like your pup has the Demodex form of mange that ...
puppy red tummy5/10/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: our 2 year pup has had a problem wit flees but now they are gone and since the she has bitten and ...
  A: I would suggest that you go to my web site: http://www.naturalsforanimals.com and fill out the form ...
disgusting dog behavior4/29/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I recently rescued a 6 year old Wheaten Terrier and have discovered that he masturbates!! I am ...
  A: I am sorry to have taken so long to answer your question but my computer was down for over a week ...
hyperthyroidism in my cat4/23/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I am trying to find a way to make a homemade diet for my cat with hyperthyroidism. His weight is ...
dimomatceous earth4/4/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: Please explain to me the difference in the food grade and flea treatment if there is one. Also is ...
  A: When using Diatomaceous Earth, always use the food grade form on your companion or in the house. The ...
ACL in 3 year old pitbull3/4/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I have a 3 year old staffordshire terrier named Sampson and he was just diagnosed with an ACL. They ...
  A: This is a tough one. I had a client whose dogs Cruciate healed by putting the dog on a straight raw ...
Why is this happening?2/24/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I have a 6 month old female Labrador. I clean her eyes every alternate day. Usually when I clean her ...
  A: Not being a vet, I really have no way of "diagnosing" your little girl's eye problem. My personal ...
Cat with severe allergies1/28/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I am writing today to try to get more natural relief for my 13 year old cat named Charlie. Charlie ...
  A: There are lots of things to say, but it's better to have you read my book, Simple Steps to a Healthy ...
My Sick Beagle1/18/2014Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: My 12 year old male Beagle has always been very healthy. Very energetic, in fact he looks about 5 ...
  A: Ok. I need to talk with you Off of this web site; too much to address; Please e-mail me at ...
Paw Paw for cancer in pets1/13/2014Susan R Griffin
  Q: I have a ferret with Lymphoma and am looking into alternative treatments for him. I have read a lot ...
  A: I am not familiar with Ferret physiology, so I hesitate to answer your question. I recommend that ...
French bull dog with bad allergies12/28/2013Susan R Griffin
  Q: I am Stuck In a nightmare, recently moving from Las Vegas to Chicago and have a 3 year old French ...
  A: First of all, I hope you had a nice holiday...even with your poor little girl. My first ...
Control Shedding of your Canine; 12/21/2013Marie Peppers, MA LPN
  Q: I have a 1 year old chiwawa that shed so bad. We can't pet her without getting a handful of hair. ...
  A: Try adding some Pure Coconut oil to her food ; If you have a GNC nutritional center, they do carry ...
Liver problem12/12/2013Susan R Griffin
  Q: My jojo (17 yrs. old dog) blood work done this week and the result of her Bun is 35. A year ago her ...
  A: I highly recommend that you read a book by Dr Deva Khalsa. It has recipes for specific issues and is ...
Question about my olde English bulldog12/4/2013Susan R Griffin
  Q: I have a 5 month old olde english bulldog which my husband and I got him 2 weeks ago. He has been ...
  A: and happy holidays! English bulldogs are subject to a lot of physical issues and genetic ...
Separation Anxiety11/5/2013Susan R Griffin
  Q: I will try to be brief but also give info. I have a now 11-month old Keeshond puppy that I got at 9 ...
  A: The first thing I would do is slightly alter your crating methods. I would suggest that you only ...
Nail question11/4/2013Susan R Griffin
  Q: I have a question about my dog, Karlie. It looks like Karlie somehow sliced the side of her nail. It ...
  A: Ricki, If there are no rough edges sticking out that can get caught on and rip it further or even ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Marie Peppers, MA LPN

Top Expert on this page