Alternative Medicine for Pets/hot spot or problem ligament? Maltese;

Question
My rescue Maltese has begun chewing one spot on his back. It is at his hip area. He jumped off the sofa and injured the leg on the side he has begun chewing. It was several months ago that he hurt his leg. It has healed.He has not been limping or favoring it in any way. He just recently started the chewing. I think he may be allergic to the Milk Bone dog biscuits he has begun to eat. What is the best food for him, if he is allergic? I have been feeding cooked meat from the grocery store. Things like chicken thighs, chuck roast and beef hearts. He often passes gas. My other Maltese is doing perfectly well on this diet, yet my rescue seems affected by everything. He will not eat kibble at all. I should have never fed him treats or changed his diet when I first got him. He seemed to be doing great on New Canin small breed kibble. Then I spoiled him and he has not had a good looking poop since. And now the skin chewing til it's inflamed and swollen. Help!

Answer
meatballs for your dog or make meatloaf
meatballs for your dog  

dog meatloaf
dog meatloaf  
Hi Kellie;  I would be glad to help you;  If you are feeding cooked meats you do need to balance out the diet for both of your Maltese dogs..  
I balance out home cooking with a few supplements ;
You are right that MILK Bone dogs biscuits have loads of junk fillers;  (I am glad you are not feeding that treat anymore)

Here is an easy recipe for your Maltese with Possible allergies:

VERY Easy
WE have had Good luck with this Recipe:

This recipe uses egg as a binder; bake it like a meat loaf, with bread crumbs.          As presented here, with these ingredients, it is about 30 percent protein, 25 percent fat, and 38 percent carbohydrates.
If you need Wheat FREE bread crumbs - here is a link:          to Gillian's Foods

http://www.gilliansfoodsglutenfree.com/products/index.php?cPath=29&osCsid=15aad7

FEED Daily: This Recipe is set up for a SMALL size dog

( 1 ) ( 1 inch size slices of the meat loaf )  2 x per day   ( for you size dog )          ( 6-10  pound dog )

SNACK-
( FEED 1/8 cup of a quality Dry ( LOW grain or NO grain Kibble per day ) - as a snack

WE like the Fromm's Brand of Dog food - also Blue Buffalo is good:

Recipe:

CHOOSE 1 meat:

1 lbs  fairly lean   *****( TRY Ground Turkey for the 1st Month )          ( skip the beef )/ for this month-

1 1/2  cups of bread crumbs  - plain  -  See Wheat free link above if you need it -

3 teaspoons of 2 % low fat  milk

2  large eggs

1 teaspoon of CRUSHED egg Shell --  - Smash it   ( it's for Calcium) ( cooked egg shell)

1/4 cup cooked vegetables ( green beans / peas/ others) ( grated and mush)  ***
( TRY GREEN BEANS but cut them up or Smash them )

( do not put the NuVET into the Recipe ) - ( Pet Vitamin supplement - )

(YOU can not balance this Recipe without a Quality Supplement)

*** 1 NuVET wafer vitamin ** each day - see below:    

( PER DAY PER DOG )  ( NuVET is a must to balance out home cooking )

1/2 teaspoon  vegetable oil

1/8  teaspoon  LOW SALT  tamari soy sauce

order your NuVET here-  I do get a small % and give BACK to " Pet Rescue"  
http://www.apluspetcare.com/untitled4.html  ( to learn more about NuVET)

or go here:  http://www.nuvet.com/81098  ( you are looking for the NuVET Plus Wafer )   - if you go on auto ship you save 15% on every bottle ( referral code 81098)
use my Name if they ask you -  Pet Nurse Marie

BAKE
* press the mixture into a casserole dish so its 1 to 2 inches thick and bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set and lightly browned.

YOU can try beef - 89% or more Lean hamburger in about 1 month -

Both your dogs can enjoy this recipe -  Have fun being your PET's CHEF

Marie Peppers LPN MA
Ask the Pet Nurse
http://www.bulldogvitamin.com

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Marie Peppers, MA LPN