Alternative Medicine for Pets/JUNI (ENGLISH/ AMERICAN BULL DOG)

Question
Juni
Juni  

I ran across your website and I just wanted to know if you could guide me. I have been from Vet to Vet, including the Animal Welfare Society. I have an English/American Bull dog. I am head of house hold of 5. I can no afford vet bills! The dog is now 12 months old and he has had a regurgitation problem for the past 7 months. I have tried different foods and methods. He looses weight and becomes lethargic. At times the problem would go away in about 3 to 4 days and then re-appear about every 10 days. I only feed him chicken now since rice seems to aggravate the situation, for what I have noticed. I only fed him Natures Own lamb & rice. He always loved to drink still water and that is something I took him for training for. At the animal welfare society they started him on Metronidazole 500mg and his recovery was great. The doctor wanted to do a number of test and I was not able to pay. I applied for pet credit and it did not workout for me. After his recovery he has fallen back into a episode. I called the vet and he told me that since I declined the test he would not prescribe more medicine for him. Until I come up with the money to run test he will not help. (This is the animal welfare society) I tried to explain that I did not decline but just could not pay, (I got the typical I understand and then silence). Yet my dog has lost a significant amount of weight eats because he has too but about every other day is vomiting and spends most of his day with belly pain. His chest is pinkish and is always looking nauseated.

I am desperate, is there anything that you could recommend, I would hate to have to give him up and or put him down. I looked up the medicine and it appears to be for a stomach bacteria issue, again he was active, playful, happy looking dog, running, jumping chasing crickets, ets. Once I ran out of meds, it went down hill.....

Please is there anything you can think of?.......I have three boys me and my wife make 5 and I love this dog like the 6 memeber of my family. I spend a lot of time rubbing his belly and giving him TLC. My son is allergic to him but I refuse to get rid of him, so I make sure I take appropriate measures. I know that it may sound weird, but I am really desperate, i want to see him happy again.

Answer
Hi, The medication you had from your VET can be purchased under the name Fish Zole ( Metronidazole 500mg )  - it's the same exact thing your Vet gives your dog;  they have it in 250 and 500 mg dosages at Revival Animal Health
SEE here: http://www.revivalanimal.com/Fish-and-Bird-Antibiotics.html  ( all the kennels and breeders use this - I know it says for Fish.... but it's for dogs too )  Ask your Vet if you are unsure about this...

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Marie Peppers, MA LPN