Alternative Medicine for Pets/Mast Cell Tumors treating ; Alternative Treatments ;

Question
My 5 month old American Bulldog had five tumors removed and one came back mast cell cancer grade 2.    I had been feeding her Acana, but now I am giving her one raw meal of Nature's Variety a day.   My husband is retired and we have limited funds.   What do you recommend for her?

Answer
Mast cell tumors in canines, Alternative treatments:
PLEASE make sure you work with your Local Vet on treatments:

Hi Debbie, Glad you did see the Vet for help and diagnosis ;  I am giving you a link to info on Mast Cell Tumors;  there have also been some studies done with Benadryl for Mast Cell tumors;  Please talk to you Vet about this Benadryl Study;

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2087&aid=461

I would also suggest a great Immune supplement : NuVet Plus

http://www.nuvet.com/81098  ( tell them Pet Nurse Marie sent you  #81098 )
39.99 or 55.00  ( see site for more info)  

NuVet Plus® help fight the cause of tumors by creating a strong immune system, it is also a very complete formula that will support all your pet’s internal systems.

Why NuVET :  
???

Beneficial Ingredients

Listed below are a few of the NuVet Plus® ingredients that are particularly beneficial for your pet with tumors:

• Beta carotene (Vitamin A) –This valuable antioxidant synergizes with Vitamin C to support skin, immune system and mucous membrane health to protect the body against invading toxins. Together, beta carotene and Vitamin A destroy carcinogens before they can interfere with cell development and trigger tumor development.

• Brewer’s yeast – a rich source of B complex vitamins, brewer’s yeast contains the trace mineral chromium and a high quality protein that aids in tissue formation and the assimilation of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Healthy tissue prevents the development of tumors, as it resists invasion by carcinogens and other toxins that can interfere with proper cell development.

• Cat’s claw (una de gato) – an ancient herb from the Peruvian rain forest that contains bio-active compounds,  such as sterols, polyphenols, proanthocyanidins, oxindole alkaloids, quinovic acid, glycosides and triterpenes. It acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent and boosts the immune system, particularly white blood cell function. Its antioxidant properties strengthen the immune system against invasion by carcinogens,  toxins and the development of tumors.

• L-Methionine– This important amino acid contains sulfur, a free radical neutralizer that prevents cells from “going rogue,” attacking surrounding healthy cells and growing into tumors.
• Magnesium – Research shows that this trace mineral has successfully prevented certain cancers from developing.

• Papain – This substance helps the body to break down and convert protein into arginine; studies have shown that arginine inhibits the growth of breast cancer cells.
• Selenium –This trace mineral, a particularly powerful anti-oxidant when combined with Vitamin E, prevents lipid (fat) oxidation, free radical formation and the growth of certain tumors.
• Shark cartilage – Studies show that shark cartilage can shrink some cancerous tumors, especially those that fail to respond to conventional treatment as it contains a protein that interferes with development of the blood vessel networks that nourish tumors. Without nourishment from the blood stream, tumors die.

• Vitamin C – Vitamin C, a valuable antioxidant that fights infections, promotes cell growth, tissue repair and immune system health, maintains the structure of connective tissues and skin and strengthens the body against the effects of stress. Stress can wear an animal’s body down to the point where it can no longer resist damage from carcinogens and toxins or invasion by harmful viruses and bacteria. The addition of Vitamin C to the diet keeps tissues, skin and the immune system strong enough to resist the effects of stress. Vitamin C also protects other anti-oxidants like Vitamin E, protects brain and spinal cord cells from free radical damage and increases the body’s synthesis of interferon, a naturally-occurring anti-viral substance. This important vitamin plays a vital role in immune system health.

Looks like you are feeding a great food ;  Just add the NuVET Plus to your program !
PAWS crossed...  Keep me posted at :  mpmaltese@gmail.com

Marie Peppers LPN MA

bulldog health blog;
http://www.bulldogvitamin.com  

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Marie Peppers, MA LPN