Alternative Medicine for Pets/my boston terrier has a lump

Question
Hi my female boston had some blood in her urine and I gave her a bit of applecider vinegar in plain yogurt for a week and it went away but today I notice she had a lump on her belly a little smaller than a golf ball where her spay scar is at but a bit to the left side. I also notice she has thining of her coat. I dont think it hurts her shes running around but the mass doesnt move or feel like it moves its very hard. thank you Dina

Answer
Dina,
I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.

My first question to you is, what are you feeding your dog? My suggestion is: put her on a raw food diet if you haven't already. A raw food diet will bring her into and keep her in proper upper pH. I have had many clients whose dogs have had large lumps disappear over time by using a raw food diet. There are many great, prepared, balanced, frozen raw diets available today. A very good one that we carry at our shop which is also comparatively reasonable in price is Northwest Naturals. There are many others.

Another question is: do you get her annual vaccines? My suggestion is (emphatically)Don't. The explanation is too vast to give to you here, but if you are interested in learning more, you can read my book, "Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet" either in print form by going to my site:http://naturalsforanimals.com or if you would like the Kindle version by going to: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008LR2H9G/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb . If you don't have a Kindle, there is a free app you can use on any computer or tablet at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

The book contains a lot of great information and is not pricey, especially considering all of the money it will save you over the life of your girl.

If you have the lump checked out by a vet and find that it is not a hernia of some kind (which it may be), and you would like to eliminate it naturally, I would recommend that you follow the above advise, plus schedule a phone consultation with a wonderful holistic vet that I know named Dr Gerald Wessner. His phone number is 1-352-245-2025. He is awesome. Leave  message if you don't get anyone (he spends a lot of time out on his large animal practice). Tell him Sue Griffin referred you. (No, I don't get a kick back, I just like him to know that you have probably already gotten some of what he will tell you already).

I hope this helps. Keep me posted.
Sue

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin