Alternative Medicine for Pets/skin problem

i have a six month old pitbull and about a month back she started developing this wound on the top of her head. i took her to the vet and they did a skin scrape and put her on an antibiotic. It started helping but a few weeks after the antibiotic was over it started getting worse. Now it is bigger and its scabby and a grayish color. she also is scratching herself open in a few other places and im really worried about her but i dont have a whole lot of money to take her to the vet again. Also her skin is red on her belly with bumps on her underside. Plz help me. Jenn

Ok,to start, all of your questions would be answered in my book, Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet, and I definitely can't tell it all to you here because I don't think I can rewrite the book :0). Anyway, to start out, 1)if she isn't already on one, put her on a quality food like Hunchen Flocken from Solid Gold, and add an enzyme and probiotic formula. Either that, or put her on a raw diet.2)Eliminate wheat, corn, soy, dairy and beef from her diet entirely (in snacks, supplements, everything!) 3) Eliminate all chemicals!! Spot on the back flea treatments, internal vet treatments for heartworms, worms, fleas, etc. There is homeopathic heartworm prevention available. 4) Bathe her at least once a week (twice a week if possible for the first couple of weeks) in the Critter Oil shampoo formula. 5)No more vaccines.

The above should take care of it, but if necessary, and you can afford it, use our Super Goop ointment on her head wound and any other wound areas, and add Colloidal Silver to her water daily. Any of the products I suggested are very handy to keep around for future use for her or yourself, so you won't be wasting your money. Everything is on our site and if you will make sure that I have your personal e-mail, we are about to launch a referral partners affiliate program and we are giving a downloadable copy of my book away for free to people who sign up. I will be glad to put you on our notification list when the program is up an running. The book will help you understand why I made the suggestions I made.

Believe me, the money you spend on good food and natural products will save you a ton of money on vet bills in the future.

Keep me posted, and feel free to call me directly at 727-327-2356 if you have any further questions.

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.