Alternative Medicine for Pets/Hyper or High Anxiety Spaniel Mix?

Question
Rusty
Rusty  
Hello, I have adopted a Spaniel mix, we are not sure what age he is, the shelter predicted 4, 6, then my vet said 8 on December 10th. So now he would be 9 months, I am not sure if he is just adjusting to our schedule still or what?
He is super hyper after we feed him, Purina One Puppy food. (I am not sure if we should go off the puppy food now?) I know he is going through his adolecence now, I have tried to do a lot of research. He doesnt come when called, sometimes he is so hyper its like he has forgotten all of his commands we have taught him and he digs lots of holes in the yard, eats grass or anything else he can find. We go on daily hour long walks. I train him 2x a day for 10 mins. Anything more then that I feel like he only sees the treats and nothing else.
The biggest problem is that he is super hyper in the morning before I am leaving for work, runs in circles and does things that he normally doesnt do like going through the trash.
He also follows me around like OK, what are we going to do now. Please help!
I asked the vet and he thinks the dog is just high anxiety and suggested a thunder shirt.

Answer
WOW - Well, this is a puppy;  Sometimes this Breed can be a " PUPPY " for a few years;
LOVE the photo, Rusty is cute!
Make sure you get him to some Classes out in your Community;  After he completes puppy class and learns the basics, he can join agility;

see here:  http://www.pup-a-razzi.com/dog-agility.html

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Marie Peppers, MA LPN