Alternative Medicine for Pets/Remedies for edema

Question
My 13 yr old Border Collie mix has cancer. He has a mast cell tumor in his left leg. He's received radiation treatment and has been on oral meds, piroxicam and cyclophasamide for over a year now. He gets regular checkups every 6-8.5 weeks (blood work drawn) to monitor the meds. Unfortunately in our last visit, he's showing edema in the same leg where the tumor is. The oncologist wants to start a new med but I'm hesitant. My dog has responded well to his current meds with no side effects but I understand this new drug, Palladia is stronger and I don't want to disturb my dog's current state as he is pretty happy. Are there some homeopathic remedies that I can try to help with the edema? And will any remedy interfere with his current meds?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Answer
Hi Joanne,  Sounds like your Senior Border Collie is adjusting well to the medications and treatments.  I would love to talk to you privately about the Canine Cancer dog food diet.
I can't advise you on changes in your Pooch's treatment as I am not a Vet,   I am able to talk to you about supplements that may help the immune system and fluid balance;
Please contact me at my private e-mail:

Marie Peppers, LPN MA
mpmaltese@gmail.com

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Marie Peppers, MA LPN