Alternative Medicine for Pets/French bull dog with bad allergies

Boo Scratch
Boo Scratch  
I am Stuck In a nightmare, recently moving from Las Vegas to Chicago and have a 3 year old French bull dog named Boo. She started having issues around 1 year old. Vet couldn't give me answers so I looked into a dog dermatologist. Found one and got the bumps and scratching under control, a couple of UTIs, and staff infections in the last 2 years. On going battle. Very expensive and now after taking atopica and a steroid daily everything is right back to where it started. Very frustrating to come home to find her neck all cut up. Not to mention she has to wear a dog sweater with sleeves 24/7. She has special shampoo im supposed to bathe her in daily which is more than any one person can handle. Is this anxiety? Allergies? Or little of everything. It's breaking me down inside that she is just miserable all the time. Don't know what to do!

Dear Emily,

First of all, I hope you had a nice holiday...even with your poor little girl.
My first recommendation is to log onto my site, and fill out the form that pops up over the site about 10 seconds in. Hit submit and then verify that you are you. You will be sent an e-mail with a PDF attachment of my book. If you read it, you will get answers to most of your questions. After you read it, please e-mail me at my personal e-mail or call me at 727-327-8769 in the evening after about 5PM Eastern time so we can talk about Boo's problem. Obviously if I can write a book about the subject, there is more than I can tell you here. The problem is not impossible to solve, we just have to get her away from the cause.

I look forward to hearing from you and getting your girl healthy.

Sue Griffin

By the way, there is no charge for my talking with you, so please call me after reading the book.

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.