Alternative Medicine for Pets/crusty thick bumps on my 7 day old pitbull puppys.

I have a blu pitbull, champ line father and mother. She just had her first litter of puppys. She had ten of them. There are a few of them that have a crusty bumps on there backs . Not all of them have it. It is starting to spread on different parts of the body. The puppys are only 7 days old. I need help on what this is. I have taken one to our vet, plus several different ones . To see if I can get an answer. They just tell me they don't know what it is. I need help. I am using triple antibiotic ointment on them. Just started it yesterday. Please help me to figure this out . What my puppys have.

Hello Ginger,

I'm not sure if I can be much help without seeing what the bumps look like,and I would like more information on environmental factors, so if you would call me, we could fill in the blanks and I would be able to assist more.  My phone number is 727-327-8769 Tues, Wed, Sun and evenings or 727-327-2356 the other days.

Again, without knowing the specifics, I would probably do a couple of things:
1) Put the mother on a quality enzyme and probiotic formula in order to improve her immune system and as a result her milk quality. HerbSmith has a really good one.
2) I would treat the environment with our product "Critter Oil" in order to eliminate any pests that may be causing a problem. You can find out more on our site:
3) You can also bathe the mother with the shampoo formula very safely with nursing pups, and I would bathe the pups at 4 weeks. I have even used a more dilute formula at 3 weeks.
4) It would be safe to use either our Super Goop or Colloidal Silver directly on the spots as well. It doesn't take but a light dab of Super Goop, so don't get carried away.

Download my book "Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet on the home page as well and read it.  It will give you VERY valuable information.

Keep me posted, and please call.

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.