Alternative Medicine for Pets/female english bulldog

Question
i have the best puppy in the world but she's had a hard go of it since i've had her (2 months) including almost fatal pneumonia and surgery for a hiatal hernia (where she was also spayed and had her soft palate trimmed). she is currently at home recovering. i believe in alternate preventative medicine for myself and i would like to make her life healthier too. first, is it safe for me to put traumeel on her stomach near the incision? i am currently giving her canned food, feeding by hand - partly not to aggravate her palate but also to encourage her to take her medications. up until now i've been using royal canin but my gut tells me this is not the right puppy food for her. she is about 22pounds and about 10-15 pounds lighter than her sister. when she had pneumonia the emerg doctor told me i would always have problems with her. i believe with a proper diet and supplements she can have a long and healthy life. any information would be appreciated. thank you for your time!

Answer
Hi Barbara;  I would love to see your pup on the NuVet Plus powder supplement;  great to help her heal and to strengthen the immune system   --  they will ship to Canada ;  call 1-800-474-7044 or order here  http://www.nuvet.com/81098  ( tell them Pet Nurse Marie sent you )  Ask for the Powder rather than the Wafers.  ( use referral code 81098 )

Also, you may want to try Ester C -  look at the GNC or other vitamin store for Ester C in a powder form;  this is also good for  her immune system  

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Marie Peppers, MA LPN