Alternative Medicine for Pets/scratching, biting constantly

I have two cavalier king charles,I live in west Palm beach. They have monthly routine heartworm , flea meds. Lately the past three weeks they have been scratching and biting by the tail. Vet said to use steroids, I did not choose that scares me. I have been shampooing them every week in oatmeal shampoo. Nothing is working. Please help

Hello Maria,

I have been eliminating this issue with hundreds of dogs for over 25 years the totally natural way, so I know that you can and definitely should avoid the vet at all cost if you want to help your Cavies. It is really quite simple, but since I have been studying it for many years, there is way too much to tell you here. As a result of all those years of experience, I have written a book called "Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet", and for right now, I have chosen to give it away for free because people really need to know the information in it in order to save the suffering of their dogs and their finances. If you would like a copy, go to my site: ; fill out and submit the popup form, and confirm that you are a real person. You will get and e-mail containing a PDF attachment of the book. Read it thoroughly (it isn't long), and do what it tells you. If you have any questions after you read it, feel free to call us at my shop 727-327-2356.

While you are at the site, check out our products.  They will help you solve your problem. You need to get them off of both meds for heartworm and fleas and go totally natural.

Take care,

P.S. Check and see if your dogs' ears smell waxy or musty. Often when a dog has an ear problem starting, they chew at the base of their tail. Ear problems, by the way, are a symptom of the problem as well as the scratching. The book explains it all.  

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.