Alternative Medicine for Pets/1yo male EB with rashes on face and losing weight

Question
My bulldog is having rashes on his face (under the ear on both sides of face) coming back from the kennel. The vet at the kennel put him on a 10 days dose of clavamox (he is up to day 5 now) and the skin rashes are now drying up into large scabs (it must've been raw before). I also noticed my bulldog is losing weight (was 24.5kg before and now on 22kg). I feed him earthborn holistic (lamb) 2.5 cup per day (split into 2 meals) and supplement him with fish oil and vit E. Can you please help and suggest if I should be doing things differently. Thank you!

Answer
Hi Lenka,  Sorry your bulldog has been having skin troubles ;  Sounds like the Vet is treating it as a staph infection;  See if you can buy a therapy oatmeal bath/shampoo for dogs.  As far as food, add more cooked meat to his dry kibble;  cook up 1/2 pound of ground hamburger or ground lamb ;  You can add 1/2 cup of this meat per day into the am meal;
If you can add this home-cooked meat to his diet it will be helpful.

Best wishes,

Marie Peppers LPN MA
Ask the Pet Nurse  

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Marie Peppers, MA LPN