Alternative Medicine for Pets/Greyhound passing gas

Question
My greyhound which i have adopted and had for about a month seems to pass gas almost continuously. In the car, when she is in her bed etc.

What could be causing this, if a change in diet could cause it how long would you think the change in diet would need to be tested before you could rule it out. Such as a day or a week or a month.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Ryan,
A change of diet could definitely cause the gas problem. Is your greyhound a former racing dog? If so, he has probably been used to eating a largely maw meat diet with little or no grains. If you have put him on a basic, grocery store type food, the grains would cause problems. On the other hand, if he was fed a poor diet formerly and you have switched him to a quality, natural diet with no by-products, etc. the issue could be the richness of the diet.

The main recommendation I would have is to put him on a good quality enzyme and pro-biotic formula. This will help his digestion regardless of the circumstance. If you have taken him from a poor quality food to a high quality one,you are very possibly over feeding him. Just cut down the amount of food by a bit and see what happens.

You may want to read my book, "Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet" which you can get a PDF copy of it for free by going to my site: http://naturalsforanimals.com and submitting the pop-up form. When you confirm your e-mail, you will receive an attachment of in by e-mail. It has a lot of extremely important information in it.

I hope this helps. Oh yes, there are charcoal biscuits that are also very helpful for gas while you are working on the diet.

Sue Griffin

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin