Alternative Medicine for Pets/Baking Soda for Dogs

Question
Cajun
Cajun  
I have a 14 yr old Standard Poodle who has had Congestive Heart Disease for about 2 years now.  I have been treating him with supplements and vitamins for about as long.  I have been giving him CO-Q10/L-Carnitene, Hawthorn, Cayenne, Cinnamon, Garlic tab (only once a day), Omega 3 (Fish Oil, Borage Oil, Flax Seed Oil), Dandelion, and Ginseng (Siberian).  Plus Probiotics for good bowel movements, Diotinatious Earth every other day and ground Flax Seed.  I also cook his meals for him, with fresh veggies, fruit, Quoiwa, and meat (usually Salmon, Chicken, Turkey or organic beef liver)    Recently I took him to the Vet for a check-up and he said he felt a hardness in the abdomen (we are not sure if its Liver or Spleen).  I have been reading about foods that help destroy cancer and studies have shown how beneficial Baking Soda is against cancer because it feeds the cells Oxygen and Oxygen kills cancer.  I have also seen places where it says that Baking Soda is toxic to dogs, but have yet to see why it is so toxic.   Can you find out how toxic it is, if it builds up in the system over time and what amount I would be able to safely give a 55lb Standard Poodle, Plus anything else you would like to add.
Thanks,
Kim

Answer
Hello Kim,

I would recommend calling Dr Gerald Wessner at 352-245-2025 for a phone consult. He is an awesome holistic vet.

Also, no anaerobic life form can survive in proper upper pH. Cancer is an anaerobe. Proper upper pH for a dog is 6.2-6.4. You can get urine test strips at any drug store.

Dr Deva Khalsa has a book that includes a cancer diet. “Dr. Khalsa’s Natural Dog; A Holistic Guide for Healthier Dogs”. You can get it at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1593786476?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=15937

I think that's about it. Please keep me posted.

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin