Alternative Medicine for Pets/Terminal cancer diagnosis

My 15 year old black lab has a tumor on her nose and when I took her to the vet, we both agreed that due to her age, we wouldn't pursue any aggressive treatment or diagosis.  So, we do not have a cancer cell biopsy, but he felt it was a very aggressive tumor.  Anyway, I told him I would bring her back when I felt she wasn't doing very good for him to put her to sleep.  Since then, a friend told me about their dog who also had a diagnosis of 3 weeks from a tumor.  They started their dog on Red Clover Blended - drops in it's dog food.  In 1 week the tumor got smaller and in 2 weeks it was gone from the dogs tongue.  Anyway, when she stopped giving this to her dog the tumor returned.  So I've ordered some (for a small chance it may help my dog) but I'm not sure how much to give her.  She is about 62 lbs. and her appetite is still good.  Should I also apply it externally too.  Are you familiar with this or know anyone who might be?  Thanks for any help you might give.  I should get it in the mail tomorrow (Wed, 8-28) and want to start it immediately.

I'm sorry to have taken so long to answer. I would recommend giving 1/2 of the recommended adult dosage for a person to your dog. External use wouldn't hurt. There is also a product called NK9 which you could try.

PS: You are wise not to do any extensive vet treatments. I'm sure that you have given her a very good life and that you will know when it is time to let her go. They bless our lives every day and we can bless them on their last by unselfishly helping them return home. Their soul is always with us.

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.