Alternative Medicine for Pets/Heartworm protection

I have read about  nasomes as a heart worm preventative. Can you explain how to use this remedy and how much is needed. I have two dogs. One is 4.1lb and the other is 5.6lbs.
The vet recently prescribed Revolution for them but I am not comfortable with this medication. We live in south Florida where there are an abundance of insects although I have never had a problem with my dogs. Everyone lately has been scaring me into doing something and to am more comfortable with a natural solution. Thank you.

Susan R Griffin and her friend Tia
Susan R Griffin and he  
Hello Catherine,

Homeopathic nosodes are a very simple to use, safe and effective preventative for heart worms. They come in a tiny dram bottle in the form of teeny little white carrier pills. There are too many of them in the bottle to count. Your kids would each only require 5 per dog since they are small. You can't over dose them, however, so if you give them a couple more it's no big deal. Large dogs only require 10. The protocol is to give one dose per day for 3 days then one a month there after. Very simple. One $22.50 bottle (plus shipping) will give you enough nosodes to treat your kids for several years. They are available on my website: .

For anyone who is reading this who may have a dog with existing heart worms, the protocol is slightly different and requires some other homeopathic remedies as well, but is very effective, much safer and a whole lot less expensive than allopathic vet treatment. To find out more about it and to help your dog, we suggest calling Dr. Gerald Wessner at 352-245-2025. You can begin treatment with just a phone consultation no matter where you live if you have already gotten a diagnosis from your local vet. Dr Wessner will send you the required remedies and exactly what to do.

I am glad you have decided to go holistic!  :0)

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.