Alternative Medicine for Pets/Why is this happening?

I have a 6 month old female Labrador. I clean her eyes every alternate day. Usually when I clean her ears, I find just a little bit of sticky brown substance (which is not smelly). But I have noticed that from the past 1 week, the discharge has increased. It is the same brown sticky substance but it is smelly too. And it has increased a lot more. She has not been scratching or anything and there seems to be no irritation in her ears but the only problem is that her discharge has increased. So why do you think this is happening? Please answer soon! Thanks a lot in advance!

Not being a vet, I really have no way of "diagnosing" your little girl's eye problem. My personal options for what I would try would be 1) put in a phone call to Dr Gerald Wessner a fabulous holistic vet for a phone consultation. His number is 352-245-2025. 2) In the event that the issue is allergy related, I would ad locally made pure raw honey into her food. I would also suggest reading my book "Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet". You can get it free by going to my site: Http:// and submitting the pop-up form. You will get an e-mail with a PDF attachment. 3)In the event that it may be bacterial in nature,I would put my own dog on 70ppm Colloidal Silver, in both food and drinking water. You may be able to find it locally at a good health food store or it is available on the web site as well.

I hope this helps. If you have other questions, please feel free to contact me directly at 727-327-23256.

Sue Griffin

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.