Alternative Medicine for Pets/disgusting dog behavior

Hello! I recently rescued a 6 year old Wheaten Terrier and have discovered that he masturbates!! I am appalled and looking for a Bach Flower remedy (or holistic alternative) that I can use to stop this behavior. Can you think of or recommend anything that would help?? I am terribly embarrassed by this and seeking any advise you can give.
Thank you so much!!

I am sorry to have taken so long to answer your question but my computer was down for over a week and it is taking quite a while to catch up on everything.

There are two possible alternatives I would suggest: 1) for flower essences, I would recommend going on line and do a search for Anaflora flower essences. The woman who owns the company does private consultation and will produce a personalized product for your specific situation.
2)For homeopathy, I would highly recommend contacting Dr Gerald Wessner at 352-245-2725. He does phone consultation and is wonderful. More than likely, a call to simply ask if there is a holistic solution to the problem would be free, then if so, you would set up a consultation. He is quite reasonable for this service, by the way.

A combination of the two would also be an option.

I hope this helps. I raised Wheatens for many years and never had that problem, so there is a hormonal or emotional glitch somewhere that needs to be realigned.

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.