Alternative Medicine for Pets/boston terrier skin

Question
Hi I have a 19 months old boston terrier she was diagnosed with mange 3 months ago her vet prescribed ivermectine 4 shots, medicated baths and vitamins (ages) she got better temporarily she is sick again and started a second treatment with ivermectine and baths I started nuvet 1 month ago but I want to know if you have some suggestions or an alternative treatment
She eats wellness core twice a day dry and wet food a couple of spoons just to enhance taste
Than you

Answer
Hello Adriana,
Sorry to have taken so long to answer.
It sounds like your pup has the Demodex form of mange that is generally found in puppies. It often  comes back during growth spurts or hormone changes when the immune system is stressed. It will also flair up when your pup is vaccinated repeatedly (puppy series then rabies). Vaccines can cause damage to the immune system, which enables the mite to activate again.

I would recommend making your food mixture at least half raw food (there are already made frozen forms), if not entirely raw. These contain living enzymes and pro-biotics which are necessary for the proper functioning of the immune system. If raw is not available, go on line and find a good enzyme and pro-biotic formula such as the one made by HerbSmith.

Also, I would go to our web site: http://naturalsforanimals.com and get at least a 1 ounce bottle of Critter Oil and use the shampoo formula to bathe her in once, if not twice a week for about two to three weeks then every other week there after. You can also use the spray formula on her in between and in the environment, such as her bed,etc.

This has worked for every pup I have ever used it with.

When you first go to the site, be sure and submit the pop-up form that you will see about10 seconds after arriving at the site. It will confirm, then send you a free PDF copy of my book, "Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet". It is an easy read, and contains LOTS of valuable information.

Take care, and keep me posted.

Sue Griffin

PS: My phone number is on the site if you have any questions.  

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin