Alternative Medicine for Pets/Sick Beagle

Question
My dog is a 17 year old female beagle.  Her stomach suddenly became bloated and very hard. This same thing happened last week (she also had a seizure) the day prior to the bloating.  I watched her closely, gave her some GasX and she got better.  

I took her to the vet the next day... bloat of course was ruled out.  They took a complete blood panel and urine test and everything came back normal.  The vet put her on an antibiotic, as he is thinking that there might be an infection, or possibly a tumor / cancer.  She is halfway through her antibiotics... It has been one week since her last bloating episode.  

Tonight I let the dogs outside one last time before going to bed... all of 10 minutes, watching her most of the time.  I put her to bet, she seemed a bit out of it, as she also has dementia... but when I checked on her after 10 minutes of going to bed, she was fine.  I then hear a noise... I run into her room and her stomach is 3 times it's normal size... she is foaming at the mouth and has dry heaves.  I gave her some GasX... since then, she has released some gas and had a bowel movement.  

The first thing that most will say is "take her to the vet".  The sad part is, that I did and nothing was abnormal with her blood work... so to take her to the emergency would result in a minimum of a $1,500.00 dollar bill for a few hours of testing and making her feel comfortable... As I have been through similar with two of my other dogs in the past 1 1/2 years and both died (one at the vet and the other the day he got home).  Las Vegas is perhaps one of the worst places to live with animals, due to the fact that vets are outlandishly expensive and they do nothing, but test after test, racking up the medical bill with no definitive answers to the problem, therefor not much if anything for treatment.  

I feel so helpless... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Dear Glo,

Yours' is not the only town with rip off vet practices, believe me, it is standard everywhere.

I would actually prefer to speak with you directly, as there is much to cover. could you possibly contact me at my business: 727-327-2356. We are open from 7:30 am - 6 pm eastern time. Just tell Linda (my gate keeper) that I told you to call, and we can go through it together.

Please call. I would like to help in any way that I can.

Sue

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin