Alternative Medicine for Pets/50 lb. collie mix dog with hair balls

Question
will cooking oil work on dogs the same as cats for hair balls. If yes how much should I give her and how often. She is a 15 year old very long haired dog who fell off the porch and got a bad sprang on her ankle. It has healed but she is licking really bad.  Thanks in advance

Answer
Cooking oil will help, but even better is your basic cat hairball product. There are several all natural ones. Also, canned pumpkin (plain, not pie filling or spiced). You should also look into herbal formulas that help soothe joint pain such as Cool Dog or HerbSmith.

Hope this helps. My computer was down, so I'm sorry it took so long to answer.

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin