Alternative Medicine for Pets/rough, bumpy, flaky skin on back of mini schnauzer

Question
Hello Susan, My mini schnauzer, Boone, who is almost 6 years old, has developed patches of bumpy, flaky skin, mostly along his spine. He gets a little of it in the summer but this winter it is especially bad. He is black and it looks like he has horrible dandruff! My daughter has been using salon grade human moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, thinking it would help, but it has not. I read somewhere that diluted apple cider vinegar would help. What do you think of that and do you have any other natural remedies?  Thanks, minimom

Answer
Hello Sheryl,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but my computer was i9n the shop until today.

Schnauzers are notorious for skin issues. The best way to help you is for you to go to my web site: http://www.naturalsforanimals.com and submit the pop up form that will then e-mail you a free copy of my book, "Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet". It is an easy read but covers over 30 years of healing skin problems the totally natural way. If you do what it recommends, you will more than likely eliminate your boy's skin issues permanently.

By the way, human hair products are too alkaline for dogs. Check out our product, Critter Oil while you re on the site. You can make a shampoo, spray, and other useful things out of it by mixing it with common household products. It will help your boy greatly.

If you have any questions after reading the book, feel free to call us at 727-327-2356.

Sue Griffin

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin