Alternative Medicine for Pets/Congested Cat question?

I have a male cat who is 9 yrs old and suddenly became congested this morning. He is sneezing & breathing weirdly. I've had him since he was a kitten and a few years ago he had an upper respiratory infection.

I used polyotic tetracycline powder to help him when he got it before, but now, I fear he's caught it again. Can you recommend anything over the counter or an alternative usage for a congested cat? Do you think it is possible he has an upper respiratory infection again? Thanks so muchh.

Hello Miss Susan,
I am not a vet, so I am not able to give you a diagnosis, so you may want to consult a vet. There is an amazing holistic vet who does phone consultations that are very accurate and affordable. His name is Dr Gerald Wessner, and his phone number is 352-245-2025. He uses primarily homeopathy. I recommend him highly.

You may also want to try giving him Colloidal Silver. Check your local health food store for an ionized form that is at least 30 parts per million, or go to our web site: and get a bottle of our extremely high quality, 70 parts per million silver. I will send it out immediately using priority mail so it will not take long to get there. Give him one tablespoon twice a day for 7 - 10 days or less if symptoms subside sooner.

I would highly recommend getting him properly diagnosed.

Hope this helps.
Susan Griffin  

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.