Alternative Medicine for Pets/hemorroid

Hello, I was reading some questions and answers on the site and wanted to ask one in regard to hemorrhoids in dogs.  I have 10 year old golden retriever who is overweight and has some hip dysplasia going on.  My question is he is bleeding from his anal area and I was cleaning it to see what I could see and I noticed what I "think" might be a hemorrhoid?  Is this possible, do they bleed? Is this a cancerous tumor of some sort? We are going to the vet this week but I would like to be prepared for whatever answer I might get.  Any help you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Kelly,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I imagine that you have gone to the vet by now which is good. I have no way of giving you information without actually seeing your dog, so all I could have recommended would be to obtain a veterinary diagnosis.

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin

I can answer questions concerning pet allergies, natural flea control, breeding and dog breeds, puppy training, pets and stress, and pretty much any dog related question.

I have been a Holistic Pet Care Consultant for over 20 years. My specialties are nutrition and flea, skin and coat problems but I have experience with other health issues as well. I have been studying canine nutrition for over 20 years as well and have a broad knowledge base there including breed specific information. I am the author of The Healthy Pet Handbook and Simple Steps to a Healthy Pet as well as many other pet related articles; and have hosted radio talk shows on natural pet care. I conduct seminars on natural pet care, relationship training and the spiritual, energetic relationship between people and companion animals. I trained my first dog in 7th grade, bread my first litter in 12th grade and began showing at age 20 (I'm now 60). I have studied dogs all of my life and I have a degree in Psychology with minors in Ecology and Animal Behavior from Utah State University. I am a graduate of The New York School of Dog Grooming (1972) and Orchard Kennels School of Training (can't remember the year). I am the founder and owner of Naturals For Animals in St Petersburg, FL and the developer of Critter Oil and other natural products and Pet Energy Therapy, a pet assisted therapy for people. I look forward to answering your questions and feel free to read the articles on my site,

National Association of Counselors and Therapists

Pet Pages Magazine Journal of the Association of Counselors and Therapists New Times Naturally

As stated above: Graduate, New York School of Dog Grooming, Orchard Kennels School of Training, Utah State University (BS), Certified Hypno-therapist, Certified Stress Management Consultant and ordained minister. Personal studies over 20 years in Canine nutrition, alternative therapies and holistic medicine.

Thousands of now healthy, happy pets and their owners.