Alternative Medicine for Pets/Dog Unable to Walk or Jump

Question
Hoping you can advise.

About 2 months ago I brought my dog, 12 yo English Mastiff female, to a big name teaching hospital for possible surgery.  They did x-rays first.  When I got ger back she was not walking right, she was unstable, one leg would shake and she could not jump up on the bed as she always did.  I told the vet about this and he said sometimes when they have the dog on the table and they stretch them out to get good pictures they may overdo it and the dogs end up with some sort of strain, but that will heal with rest.  Anyway, they agreed the surgery was needed and they did it the next day.  It was almost 2 days before I saw my dog after the surgery.  When they brought her out she could not walk at all!!  The had a harness on her with handles so they could support her since she was not able to do so.  My poor baby was lame!  The vet even had the audacity to say this can sometimes happen to older dogs and sometimes owners have to put them down!  I will not go into other problems they created during her stay since they have no bearing on my question.  Anyway, my dog was finally released in this condition.   Try and single handedly help a 175 lb dog get around in this condition!

I am currently having acupuncture done to her by a vet neurologist, but so far am not impresses after 4 visits.  I have had her on Chinese herbs which another vet uses on dogs with back problems, but really not seeing much of an improvement.  I have come across articles showing Ester C can help with hip Dysplasia,but just started this yesterday at 2 grams daily and will have to wait and see what it does.

Can you advise me on what could have possibly happened to her during the procedure and what can be done for her holistically to help this heal so she can get back to where she was.  Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and respond.

John

Answer
Dear John,

I am so very sorry to hear about your poor friend's condition. Unfortunately, there is nothing additional that I can recommend besides what you are already doing other than a homeopathic detox regimen and a totally raw food diet. The detox will help her clear remaining toxins and anesthesia out of her system, and the raw diet helps to build muscle and other tissue much better than any dry food. There are several outstanding frozen, balanced raw diets available.

I know an outstanding holistic vet whom you may want to do a phone consultation with. His name is Dr Gerald Wessner, and his number is 352-245-2025.

I hope that this information helps. I am sorry I could not do more.

Yours truly,
Sue Griffin  

Alternative Medicine for Pets

Susan R Griffin