Alternative Music/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Some type of orchestral piece.5/12/2011K. Evan
  Q: what is the name of this orchestral piece in this youtube video. I've been looking for this song for ...
  A: Sorry, but no. I don't know the song. I took the time to make a simple google search, which you ...
Name of old country/alternative singer2/1/2011K. Evan
  Q: I used to own this CD when I lived in Boone, NC. I can't remember anything but the feel of the ...
  A: First, go here and tell me if any of these song titles ring a bell: ...
matrix version of - leave you far behind6/14/2010Katie
  Q: why is it that the very cool instrumental version of lunatic calms' leave you far behind from the ...
  A: This kind of thing varies from song to song, but it happens a lot. Songs get modified for screen, ...
I'd really appreciate your help...5/25/2009Katie
  Q: There's a song that came out at least a couple off years back and all I remember about it is that ...
  A: Hey, if you are thinking of the song I am, then it's 'That Time' by Regina Spektor. It doesn't have ...
Looking for the name of a song5/1/2009MartinStJohn
  Q: Hoping you can help. It is a fairly recent song. The song is mostly a guitar instrumental, it's ...
  A: "Oh Yeah" by Yello..it's techno from the 80s for sure..and is on practically every 80s new ...
Need your help with identifying music artists on You Tube video10/2/2008MartinStJohn
  Q: on You Tube there is a video with techno?/electronic music. The link is: ...
  A: yea, it is electronica/techno...more of the classic sound..kinda like Goa or ambient..threatens to ...
Need To Know Song And Artist4/10/2008MartinStJohn
  Q: This is a new alternative rock song and I think part of the lyrics go something like this: Back in ...
  A: The song is 'psycho' by Puddles of Mud. I had to google to find this one. I hadn't heard it on our ...
looking for artist of song4/8/2008MartinStJohn
  Q: late 80's early 90's rock"I remember you" or " remember yesterday
  A: in the late 80s, Skid Row had a hit with "i remember you". But that is under the mainstream rock ...
alternative rock era2/27/2008MartinStJohn
  Q: What were some of the contributions that Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, and Red Hot Chili Peppers ...
  A: lindsey, if you mean as far as songs, you don't really have to go any further than to google the ...
info. on alternative music2/22/2008MartinStJohn
  Q: who started Alternative music and where did the idea of Alternative music originate?
  A: Madison, it is argued that Great Britain started it and originated alternative music. However, in ...
What stuff would I like?1/28/2008Katie
  Q: I like All American Rejects and Yellowcard, so what other bands/songs would I like. I dont want to ...
  A: I was a big fan of both those bands, so I think I can help you out, though personal taste is just ...
Trying to find a song10/5/2007MartinStJohn
  Q: Hey, I don't know if you'll know or not, I'm at least hoping for a point in the right direction. ...
  A: Nick, i wonder if it could be "everybody's free (to wear sunscreen) by Baz Luhrmann, but it's ...
Song title I need...believed to be by My Chemical Romance...8/31/2007Jay
  Q: I believe the group is My Chemical Romance and part of the lyrics I heard in the song was something ...
  A: I've looked through all of the My Chemical Romance lyrics and can't find those lyrics, however there ...
"everything is okay, everything is fine."8/18/2007Katie
  Q: I can't figure out the song name or artist who sings "everything is okay everything is fine" it ...
  A: I don't think I know the song you are trying to find unfortunatly. The only song I could even find ...
indie song5/4/2007K. Evan
  Q: maybe i'm wrong, oh maybe i'm wrooooong" and the chorus of the song goes something like "i found my ...
  A: Sunshine Underground's "Commercial Breakdown" Lyrics; ...
industrial late 80's early 90s song search5/4/2007K. Evan
  Q: I'm trying to find information on a song that I would classify as "industrial dance" from the late ...
  A: My best guess is Mystical Maniacs "You Cannot Know My Power" http://www.discogs.com/release/578118 ...
Macy's Fit Matters TV Commercial Song4/9/2007K. Evan
  Q: I've been trying to figure it out what is the name of the song that appears on Macy's Fit Matters TV ...
  A: Try "Daydream in Blue" by I Monster. You may be able to find a sound sample at www.allmusic.com or ...
What do you think?3/6/2007Kamil
  Q: Hey. As someone who listens to a lot of music, I wondered if you'd have the time/inclination to ...
  A: Mountains of You - Decent song, great guitar work, though I am not personally a fan of the screaming ...
Does anyone know the lyrics,song and band?2/24/2007Katie
  Q: I have been trying to find the lyrics,song name,and performing group since about 1996. I don't have ...
  A: Well I don't know the song first hand so I looked around, I found 2 songs by band headed up by ...
Who was the first alternative artist?11/21/2006Bill Stow
  Q: Someone told that Jimi Hendrix was the real first alternative artist...Is that possible?.
  A: A rather philisophical question - I tend to deal more in band facts but here goes. The term ...
first gothic band11/4/2006Jedediah
  Q: i was wondering who the first gothic bands were. i personally think it was christian death or 45 ...
  A: Both bands are certainly among the first Goth bands. Bauhaus, The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees ...
Who sings this????10/25/2006Katie
  Q: I can not find out who sings this song or even the title of it. I believe it may be "Everything's ...
  A: The song is called 'Mother Mother" by Tracy Bonham The full lyrics are: Mother, mother, How's the ...
The popularity of UK & Irish acts10/12/2006Kamil
  Q: Okay I have 3 questions actually. The first is under the persumption thst your american. Are The ...
  A: I am Canadian, so I'll help out with what I can. I'll answer them from a Canada-view. Are The ...
help!!! i need to find this song10/5/2006Kamil
  Q: Hey, ok so I don't know who sings the song or what its called. I do know its sung by a male im ...
  A: wow, this is probably the hardest find I've had to look for :( I really wish I could have helped ...
Ref8/18/2006Katie
  Q: I've just heard the song "Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols & absolutely love it. I think its ...
  A: The Dandy Warhols are great, I can't particularly name songs that I know you would like, it's hard ...
techno6/10/2006Kamil
  Q: I am an older guy and was listening to some techno music. Are people actually playing drums or ...
  A: To answer your question, it really depends on the song. Though, I believe 90-95% are computer ...
Can you help me find out who did this song?4/13/2006Kamil
  Q: I have been having this song running through my head for about a month now and all I know is a few ...
  A: sorry about the delayed responce, I'm in exams atm, so I was a bit busy. I don't know the song off ...
Grunge2/6/2006Kamil
  Q: I used to love grunge. I like soundgarden, nirvana, and alice in chains. I also like Tool. I like ...
  A: Audioslave is always good, since Chris is the singer :) Bobnoxious, has some kick ass tunes as ...
Trying to find writer of song12/7/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: How are you? I hope you are doing well. My question relates to the song "Only Hope" featured in the ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you, I'm very fine, thank you. "Only Hope" is a love song written to the ...
hey10/5/2005Jedediah
  Q: There is a song male vocal that has the line in it ... And Now I am staring down the bottom of a ...
  A: The song is called "45" by Shinedown, you can find it on their album "Leave a Whisper". Here are t ...
alternitive music9/1/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: do your the name of the song and artist of a song with a nice happy melody and rap type lyrics it ...
  A: Unfortunately I can't recall any song with those lyrics, so I'll go on search, any good news, I'll ...
song with a chainsaw in place of a guitar8/30/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: I heard a bluesey song that had a lead chainsaw instead of a lead guitar. I don't know the name of ...
  A: Unfortunately I can't recall any guitarist that plays with a chainsaw instead the guitar, but I know ...
The Boston Post4/3/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: How are you? Good I hope. I had a question about a particular band. Their name is The Boston Post. ...
  A: I'm very fine, and hope your are feeling well too. I listened to Boston Post audio samples at their ...
tapeworm3/12/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: Knowing that Maynard, Reznor and Tori are all acquainted and/or friends and the rumors about a ...
  A: and sorry for the delay in getting back to, it occured a failure in my operating system, so it was ...
Question about alternative song2/25/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: I keep hearing this rock/alternative song on rock stations in my area and have yet to hear who the ...
  A: and please, accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I was out of town. You are ...
NME magazine2/15/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: Can you please send me the list of NME's best albums of 2004?
  A: Here goes the list of the best albums of 2004 according to the NME's pool: 1 Franz Ferdinand by ...
name and artist of early 90's (?) alt song with movie lyrics?2/7/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: I realize this may be outside your area of expertise but I thought I'd give it a try. I already ...
  A: and please, accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I was out of town. I guess you ...
Name and artist of early 90's alt song??2/7/2005Jedediah
  A: I googled with the lyrics and looked through some lyrics databases, but my search didn't turn up ...
who are all american rejects...1/29/2005Katie
  Q: who are all american rejects?
  A: The All-American Rejects are a band from Stillwater Oklahoma, they had singles called 'Swing Swing' ...
seeking identity of song only heard once1/17/2005Amarilis Gibeli
  Q: Not sure if you can help me, but your wide-ranging expertise intrigued me. I am seeking the ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3   |  Next       All

Alternative Music

K. Evan

Top Expert on this page