Alzheimer`s Disease/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Feeding your mother with dementia2/14/2017Tanya Zilberter
  Q: My mother is suffering due to dementia since 2002.now she is 80 year old.now she forgeting to chew ...
  A: The simplest way to make your Mother's eating easier is to make nutritions drinks using a blender. ...
Nana12/24/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: My nana had dementia, she was in nursing home after we couldn't care for her at home anymore . me ...
  A: I apologize for the delay in receiving my answer--I had answered back the same day you inquired, ...
forgetful12/22/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: Your question was  Hi, I'm 16. I have noticed that I sometimes seem to have moments of frustrating ...
  A: I'm sorry to hear about your concerns over forgetfulness. I think it's likely you are not the only ...
Antidepressants and Alzheimer's 12/10/2016Tanya Zilberter
  Q: I am wondering if taking antidepressants can lead to dementia.What about painkillers? Thank you!
  A: It is not always possible to operate statistical data to distinguish between the use of ...
Risk of dementia12/10/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: I have two questions: 1. What is heredity of different typs of dementia? 2. What can someone do to ...
  A: There is a form of Alzheimer's that is inherited, but it is relatively rare, and if it's inherited, ...
dementia argumentive12/9/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: I try my best to handle and calm her down . I walk away Because she like to argue But she is very ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear about all the stress you are under with your relative. You are right to just ...
geriatrician single handed diag dementia12/2/2016Paula Damgaard
  Q: Can a geriatric physician diagnose dementia? My elder landlord and employer (she is 80) passed a ...
  A: If I was your attorney I'd be asking for a second unbiased opinion. To answer your first question, ...
Chanting with dementia11/19/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: How can I help a patient that constantly chants with dementia?
  A: You don't really indicate if this chanting is a big problem or just an annoyance to everyone around ...
Mother - alzheimers or depression?11/5/2016Paula Damgaard
  Q: My Mother is 81 years old and lives alone. Unfortunately, her brother, her sister and I live 2 ...
  A: I would most certainly have her checked out. My choice would be either a geriatric specialist or a ...
Antihistamines and cognition10/18/2016Tanya Zilberter
  Q: I have recently seen the studies of many medications including benadryl being linked to dementia. I ...
  A: Benadryl is a trade name for diphenhydramine and in fact, it is pretty well researched not only in ...
Sister in law and swelling10/15/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: My sister inlaw has had alzhemiers for eight years. She is 61 years old, now they have her in a bed ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear of your sister-in-law's issues. The swelling could be caused by several ...
dementia8/27/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: my mum has not eaten much since sunday 22/8/2016 and has now stopped drinking tea which she dearly ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear of your mother's decline and I'm sure you're very worried about it. A major ...
Possible dementia8/26/2016Peter Winkler
  Q: Winkler: I am very concerned that my step mother may be in the early or middle stages of dementia, ...
  A: your mother-in-law in all likelihood has dementia and she should be seen by a neurologist. ...
Concern about step mother8/26/2016Paula Damgaard
  Q: Ms. Daamgaard: I am worried that my step mother may be in the early or middle stages of dementia, ...
  A: First thing I would suggest is NOT to reason with her. It won't work and she'll end up resenting you ...
Dementia?8/26/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: My step mother may be in the early or middle stages of dementia, although she hasn't been evaluated ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear of your current issues with your step mother. I'm sure it's extremely ...
Dementia7/21/2016Tanya Zilberter
  Q: Would love to know what meds, vitamins, exercise, diet, etc seems to be working. Mom is 84 and ...
  A: Revised: sorry, there were typos in the part "The foods you must eat infrequently", please revise ...
Unexplained weight loss7/14/2016Alanna Shaikh
  Q: My father-in-law is 86 and has Alzheimer's. He was diagnosed about 5 years ago. As of April 22nd, he ...
  A: Your father-in-law is lucky to have you looking out for him. Alzheimer's tends to go along with ...
Memory Loss and Attention Problem5/26/2016Tanya Zilberter
  Q: I don't think I have become mad but I am certainly going to become one as the time progresses. It ...
  A: I am sorry for not replying to your question sooner, I had to check the latest information that I ...
Where can I find information about prevention and cure of Alzheimer's?3/10/2016Tanya Zilberter
  Q: Im currently completing a project about how we can stop the progression of AD and potentially cure ...
  A: Please clarify the formate which your supposed to use, where I'll be answering these questions ...
Colonoscopy for moderate alzheimer's patient?3/10/2016Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: My mother is 77 with Primary Progressive Aphasia and probable Alzheimer's. She's living at home, ...
  A: You ask a very valid question and I'm glad to hear you are being a good advocate for your dear ...
Brain support for energy and to fight inflammation3/8/2016Tanya Zilberter
  Q: dr Tania. is it possible she could have alzheimer?. she has become so forgetful. when i ask ...
  A: I agree with you that your granddaughter might experience a lack of oxygen. Anyway, here are my ...
Loss of verbal skills2/8/2016Michalene Peticca
  Q: My husband was dx with AD 5 years ago aged 69. He was well advanced by then though we were all in ...
  A: I am so sorry about your husband's illness. I am sure this has been very difficult for you; but, I ...
Stages of and progression of AD2/6/2016Michalene Peticca
  Q: My husband who is 84 was diagnosed 6 yrs. ago.progression of disease was slow but steady until July ...
  A: I am so very sorry for your medical challenges with your husband but applaud your commitment and ...
Question1/15/2016Paula Damgaard
  Q: I am 56. I currently take medication for hypertension, acid reflux, and adult ADD (buproprion 150 ...
  A: I think you are correct in speaking to your doctor about all the medications you are taking and ...
Dementia / "escapism"11/4/2015Peter Winkler
  Q: My father-in-law is 84 and was diagnosed with dementia two years ago. He has other medical issues ...
  A: Sorry about the delay; I just returned from vacation. If you have read about AD, I'm sure that you ...
Dementia / "escapism"11/4/2015Tanya Zilberter
  A: There are two aspects in this problem: one is wandering prevention and another is the underlying ...
Dementia / "escapism"11/4/2015Michalene Peticca
  A: I'm sorry this is a difficult time for your family. It sounds like your father in law is still very ...
Dementia / "escapism"11/4/2015Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  A: I'm very sorry to hear of your father's continued anxiety--I'm sure it's very upsetting for the ...
Pyruvate for Alzheimer's10/13/2015Tanya Zilberter
  Q: My father(81 years old), has been diagnosed of AD in january of this year. The symptons started to ...
  A: I strongly recommend pyruvate for your father! It's safe and relatively inexpensive. The effective ...
hallucinations9/29/2015Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: He does have very bad eye sight And hearing I have read about Charles Bonnet Syndrome They have ...
  A: I don't know anything about this Charles Bonnet Syndrome, but with all of his medical issues, it's ...
Alzheimer's Lewy Body dementia seems to be rampant in my family, am I next?8/24/2015Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: as I approach my 50th year I have undertaken to do a family tree. What is now frighteningly obvious ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear you are feeling so stressed by this knowledge of dementia in your family. ...
severe dementia and colonoscopy8/18/2015Peter Winkler
  Q: I have read some info about dementia/Alzheimer's and the necessity of having a colonoscopy or not. ...
  A: You didn't specify it, but I'm assuming that your mother is in either assisted living or a nursing ...
Depression with Alzheimers7/24/2015Paula Damgaard
  Q: What do you think are the possible reasons that someone with Alzheimers might develop depression?
  A: Brooke, Usually people have depression before the diagnosis. That being said, depending on the stage ...
Depression with Alzheimers7/24/2015Peter Winkler
  Q: What do you think are the possible reasons that people with Alzheimers develop depression? Just ...
  A: I don't really have the expertise to answer your question. However, since my wife suffered from AD ...
Brain atrophy.7/3/2015Tanya Zilberter
  Q: I'm an eighteen year old girl. I'm a student and I had seizures since I was thirteen. So, I thought ...
  A: Any brain atrophy means that the area in question shrinks. What is important for you, it's not ...
Possible Early Signs of Dementia6/22/2015Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: My mom is 81 years old and lives alone in her home. She suffers from crippling arthritis in both ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear of your mom's current issues. I know it's very distressing for you to try to ...
forgetting basic knowledge6/13/2015Michalene Peticca
  Q: Some years ago, I was riding in a bus with my daughter one evening, and I grew tired and fell ...
  A: I'm sorry you are experiencing this episodes of memory loss. I tend to agree with your medical ...
Controlling anger6/5/2015Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: My Grandmother has some calcification near her brain or in simple words she has calcium deposit near ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear of your issues with your Grandmother. I know very well how terribly ...
How to prevent Alzheimer's?5/17/2015Tanya Zilberter
  Q: How can I prevent getting Alzheimer's Disease? My grandparents on my mom's side have it and I just ...
  A: There is plenty of evidence that life style is linked to or associated with the risks of getting ...
Home5/3/2015Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner
  Q: My mom has what I consider moderate Alzheimers. She recognizes her family most of the visits, ...
  A: I would advise against taking her to see the house. I would also advise that you maintain her hope ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Alzheimer`s Disease

Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner

Top Expert on this page