Alzheimer`s Disease/Pneumonia

Jennifer wrote at 2009-02-20 20:45:16
Maybe they would treat it because pneumonia is not a comfortable thing to die from. You're struggling for every breath. You can experience physical pain even if you have a disease that affects your mind in the way Alzheimer's does. Maybe pneumonia is the friend of the family that is tired of caring for their loved one. Why would you even ask this question and he doesn't even have pneumonia yet? You're dad deserves the right to be physically comfortable, even if he's not quite there mentally. Just because someone can't vocalize doesn't mean they don't feel. I'm not being judgmental, just trying to put something out there that you may not have thought of.  

mymotherisalive wrote at 2011-03-22 04:39:35
You are the one out of your mind! Or, at least so narrow to lump all patients and families together into one sorry lot.

My mother is in the late stages of the disease and still smiles at me everyday even after recovering from pneumonia. I know she is still happy to be alive and my family's love is keeping her that way. Keep your negative life un-affirming advice to yourself.

pete burridge wrote at 2013-07-23 02:19:41
Hi Paula, Its 3am in the morning & having read your reply regarding antibiotic treatment for pnuemonia, i can identify with what you write.My wife has Severe/moderate alzheimers & just contracted Pnuemonia .She has been given so far 2 kinds of antibiotics .. I dont know where it will lead from here, but you are right especially seeing your loved one suffering. i just wish this hell was easier to deal with but i think it would be easier for all concerned to just  let them go,,,,, if you love someone & its terminal just let them go & i dont say this easily as i love her so much & breaks my heart,,but it would just be for selfish reasons. its hard,really hard but for the best. love to all Pete  

Alzheimer`s Disease

Paula Damgaard