Alzheimer`s Disease/dementia, Parkinson is she dying

My wife is 91 years old. Sleeps almost the whole day  Is 100% dependable Most of the time does not recognize me  is very much confused  When up sits quiet in wheel chair or falls asleep. Has difficulty to stand up  does not walk or if I try she almost falls  hold her breath sometimes while sleeping  low blood pressure  last Doctors visit 89/50  Does not answer when a question is asked  still eats and take her medicine   with  difficulty  Has problems swallowing  When asleep perspires a lot
Is she dying??

Unfortunately we are all going to die. That's life. Is your wife dying I don't know for sure not being there. From what you are describing it sounds like she is in end stage. It sounds like she is getting ready to go. Sometimes I have seen patients who are like your wife just seem to give up. Perhaps they know there is something better for us. I hope so.

I know it will be very hard for you when she goes, but I believe she will be at peace. It will be a relief I think for her to get out of that trapped disease she is in. I hope it goes quickly for her.

Sending you lots of positive strength and courage to get through this time.

Alzheimer`s Disease

Paula Damgaard

I can offer families and caregivers non-diagnostic answers to questions regarding the disease. I travel around the state giving courses on Alzheimer`s disease for nurses and CNA`s.

Past/Present clients
I have coordinated Alzheimer's Clinical drug trials since 1987. I have coordinated the Memory Disorders Clinic since it's inception 1994. I also have personnal experience from caring for my mother who died of AD 5/2000 and presently from caring for my mother in law who was diagnosed in March 2000.