Alzheimer`s Disease/limbs stop working

hi its about my father,he was a very active sports person even a young man can not compete him.but in about 18 months one by one his limbs starts with his left leg then right leg and now both of his arms also become so weak that he couldn't even write and lift a water bottel.we have seen lots of doctors,from neurologist to homeopathic but his condition is getting worse.he is a sugar patient and almost 7 yrs before he had a operation of tumour in his stomach and he gone through radio therapy also.plz advice wat desease it is.

Hello Sahar:  I'm very sorry to hear about your dear father's decline.  I'm afraid I cannot give you the information you seek since I am not a physician, and it sounds like he would need an extensive physical exam, plus blood work and scans in order to determine the cause of his problems.  I would advise a neurologist, but it appears he has already seen at least one--is it possible to get another opinion from a different neurologist?  Please don't stop until you have some answers Sahar.  I wish I could be of more help to you in this case, but I just don't have that expertise.  Cindy

Alzheimer`s Disease

Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner

As a nurse and dementia consultant, I can answer most questions on all types of dementia. If I cannot answer your question, I will attempt to find someone who can. My passion is to help caregivers of people with dementia, which in turn helps all those wonderful elders with dementia live better lives. When caregivers are better educated, they are able to better care for themselves and their loved ones, so education is key to decreased stress levels and healthier, happier families.

I have worked as a nurse in various disciplines of nursing for over 20 years, most of which was with the elderly. I was a health care coordinator in a dementia dedicated assisted living facility for 4 years before I started my own business (M.I.N.D. in Memory Care) as a dementia consultant six years ago. As a dementia consultant, I help families nationwide through phone conference calls as they struggle to care for their loved ones with dementia.

Alzheimer's Foundation of America Geriatric Interest Network Sigma Theta Tau International

Published "Love, Laughter, & Mayhem - Caregiver Survival Manual For Living With A Person With Dementia" which is a collection of stories about people with dementia I have known, loved and worked with. Every story has a lesson to teach and this book gently teaches family caregivers lessons about how to better care for their loved one, as well as themselves during their caregiving journey. Published "Love, Laughter, & Mayhem In Eldercare Facilities: The Master Key For Dementia Training" Created "Bringing Nurturing To Memory Care" staff dementia training video Created Ebook: "Hair Stylist's Helpful Tips For Working With People With Alzheimer's & Other Dementias"

Registered Nurse with Bachelor's degree in Nursing; Certified Dementia Practitioner; Author of 2 books and an ebook

Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society of Nursing