Alzheimer`s Disease/How Normal Actions Related to Skills Affect our Brain

Question
Good day!

My question is not about Alzheimer's Disease but I would like to have your idea regarding this since it tackles about the brain. I would just like to have an idea for our schoolwork. Thanks.

I am currently on my freshman year in college and I am curious whether our brain is more shaped and sharpened if we do something that involves more physical movements. For example, is there a difference between scanning through the titles of books in the internet from scanning the titles of books in the library, wherein we move our head and feet rather than just moving our eyes when we scan in the web? And are our certain skills affected when we just search words in internet dictionaries rather than searching in a real dictionary which allows us to look for a word that is in an alphabetically ordered list?

Answer
Hi Aliyah,

thank you for writing.  That is an excellent study topic and one that i think you will find lots of information on the websites of :   Johns Hopkins hospital and/or Pittsburgh University.   I believe both have conducted studies similar to this topic with Dementia individuals.

I do not have any experience conducting this research however; although from a professional viewpoint i have noticed that when daily, structured, therapeutic engagement activities are performed ...it seems that a diagnosed Dementia individual progresses much Slower in the diease process than one who has no engagement.  But, there I have no empirical data to back that up...just observations.

Good luck with your project!

Best Regards,
Michalene Peticca, MA

Alzheimer`s Disease

Michalene Peticca