Alzheimer`s Disease/Memory Loss

I am a 31 year old female. I've suffered slight memory loss for at least 5 years. Over the past 2-3 years it has become so bad that it is interfering with my life and my job. I can have a conversation and when it is brought up again maybe an hour later I have no recollection of it. Most of my childhood is a complete haze. That doesn't bother me so much, what does is that I can rarely recall simple conversations or anything of the sort. I do not do drugs, only drink socially occasionally and I have not gone through a major trauma. I rely heavily on post its at work. It's become a problem when someone returns my call and not only do I not remember why I called them but can't even recognize the name at times. My partner and I, along with my kids have so many arguments over this And they are so frustrated...I feel like giving up sometimes because I don't understand so how can I make them understand? Please please help

Dear Karen-
I'm sorry to hear about your condition.  I would urge you to make an appointment with a neurologist to discuss your symptoms and to get a medical work-up.  The neurologist hopefully can identify your condition more specifically and can treat you with medication.  While I hope it doesn't come to it, the neurologist could provide medical information to apply for Social Security Disability.
Once your condition is identified, I would also advise you to get in contact with the national organization that deals with the specific condition.  These organizations often sponsor groups that meet to help those with the condition deal with day to day problems that they encounter.
I also think you should inform your partner and possibly your children that you are aware that you have these issues and that you are trying to get help with them.
I hope this information will be of help.

Alzheimer`s Disease

Peter Winkler

I can answer questions regarding the care of persons with Alzheimer's Disease. I have no medical degree and I am not qualified to answer questions of a medical nature.

I was the spouse and primary caretaker of my wife, who was diagnosed with dementia at the age of 53. I initially cared for her at home, but after her illness progressed, I placed her in a long term care facility. A year later, I found a nursing home for her and she spent almost 10 years there before she passed away.

I have an MSW (Master's in Social Work) degree.