Alzheimer`s Disease/Alzheimer

Hi Paula,My name is kumar i am from india.i am a
student and my age is 19.5,i am not a patient of
Alzheimer but i want to ask you that i heard that there is some smart drug in market called "nootropics" which improves a student i want to take it.does it really improves our memory,is there any side-effect in using it?
you can futher reffer to

Hi Kumar,
There are many of these "memory enhancing" drugs available. Unfortunately many of them have not been properly tested so the exact mechanism of how they really work is unknown. Also unknown are the side effects and the long time adverse reactions that could affect your brain later!

Also many of the "drugs" you see on the Internet could be just a "sugar" pill. There is no one regulating these things.

So I would be very hesitant, in fact I would not take them, of ordering any of these and taking them yourself. I'm sure you have friends who will tell you they are great, but see them in the future and see what they do to their brains!

You would be better served eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and getting a good night's sleep.

Good luck in school. Stop wasting time looking this stuff up and study hard!

Alzheimer`s Disease

Paula Damgaard

I can offer families and caregivers non-diagnostic answers to questions regarding the disease. I travel around the state giving courses on Alzheimer`s disease for nurses and CNA`s.

Past/Present clients
I have coordinated Alzheimer's Clinical drug trials since 1987. I have coordinated the Memory Disorders Clinic since it's inception 1994. I also have personnal experience from caring for my mother who died of AD 5/2000 and presently from caring for my mother in law who was diagnosed in March 2000.