Alzheimer`s Disease/not so sure

Question
Hi, i am a Little confused,my best vriend is in the hospitaal and her probleem is that she is gold in the vorming and in the afternoon when she gets tired she becomes confused and it looks like Alzheimer, the docter saus that it has to do with a drug that she uses For some years not enough (excuses me)somethings in her urine,can you 'lease tel me more abouth this?we already booked a cruise toughter in oktober.
Thank you so much.
Carla

Answer
Hello Carla:  I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's problems.  I'm sure it's a great worry for you.  If her doctor is saying her symptoms are being caused by a drug that she is taking, then he's probably correct.  I'm wondering if there is any alternative drug that can be used that does not cause her this confusion?  If she is being treated in the hospital, then she may have some type of infection on top of some other problem, and all that together is making her confused.  If it is a "delirium" then hopefully it will go away once the underlying problem (like an infection) is cleared up.  I would encourage you to urge her to get another opinion for whatever her problem is that requires this drug.  Many medications can mimic (copy) Alzheimer's symptoms, so that is not unusual.  I'm not sure what you mean by something in her urine, but many drugs are filtered by the kidneys, so they will get washed out of the body in the urine.  Urge her to see another doctor for these issues soon, so you can get some answers well before your October cruise.  I'm hoping it all works out well for you and for her.  Cindy

Alzheimer`s Disease

Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner