Alzheimer`s Disease/Suspected Alzheimer's Disease

My Father In Law's age is 91 years
Some 3 years back he developed Diabetes Neuropathy and was operated for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in one finger.Since that time after recovery  he had been taking Gabapentin 300 regularly. Now he has no Neuropathy problem.But recently he has developed Dementia and associated Alzheimer's  problem.He had also suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome,but the problem is not much now.
 Main Problems at present
1)Forgetting earlier information 2)Mood Changes 3)Confusion about time and place,4)Communication Difficulties,5)Difficulty recognising family ,
persons,6)Feeling of restlessness,7)Loss of Appetite,8)Inability to understand,9)Immobility to a large extent,10)Impaired Communication/confusion/difficulty speaking/throwing off food,11)Depression/Psychotic,12)Hallucination and Delusion 12)Melancholy,13)Memory loss
RENDERING Impaired Ability to function in daily life.
         Although Alzheimer's Disease is suspected NO Disease Specific Drugs for Alzheimer's Disease could not be given ,AS NO MRI OF BRAIN could be performed DUE TO HIS RESTLESSNESS
 ONLY MEDICINES GIVEN TO HIM PRESENTLY QUETIPINE(25 mg)twice daily and LOXAPINE  on SOS basis.for this dementia problem
         My question to you whether we can give him Acetylcholine improving and Glutamate Receptor Drugs on a low dose to somewhat improve his condition.

Dear Kalyan,

I understand the problems you describe but I am rather hesitant advising you pro or con the medications in question. I would rather suggest that you visit the Energy for the brain, an official site of the Metabolism and Neuroprotection research group at Marseille university. Plus to the promising results on "energy supplement" Pyruvate, which is completely safe and freely available, to correct the pathology in Alzheimer's, you might also want to consider methylene blue, which is whown to be neuroprotective and energy enhancing, which is well documented since at least 1980s. For a non-technical review, take a look at Methylene Blue as a Nootropic. Please don't hesitate asking me further questions.

Tanya Zilberter

Alzheimer`s Disease

Tanya Zilberter

I can answer questions concerning prevention and the latest trends in treatment of Alzheimer's disease.

Worked as an expert consultant for the Mediterranean Institute of Neurobiology, then in the Institute of Systems Neuroscience in Marseille, France. Currently collaborate with the research group "Metabolism and Neuroprotection". Project: metabolic correction of neurodegenerative diseases; supported by the Alzheimer's Association grant. Developer and editor of the official website of the Group.

PhD in Neurophysiology