Alzheimer`s Disease/boils like growth and cut marks on leg

Question
dear cindy,

just a few days ago u answered my questiion about my mother who is suffering from dementia for the last 7-8 years.  She is totally immobile and currently has developed cut marks on her legs and also two boils like growth which seems to be filled with transparent fluid.  while cut marks appeared as small cuts a around 2 weeks ago; boils, one of which is quite big something like 1 and half inch in leangth and about 1/2 inch in height seems to have appeared overnight.  

we consulted a doctor who said it may be bed sour even though that part of the leg do not come in contact with bed or anything else.

Answer
Hello again Manoj:
It seems very strange that these things appeared on her legs so suddenly.  My first thought would be that something came into contact with her skin while she was being cared for.  Maybe someone bathing her had a sharp ring on, or maybe it happened when she was being assisted into a chair that she brushed against something sharp??  Another possible explanation might be an animal scratch.  The boils are another mystery.  I guess my advice to you would be to take her to another doctor or the ER to see what they think caused them.  Again, while being bathed, did she inadvertently get hot water splashed on her and these might be burns??  They may be some type of infectious process and should be looked at.  
Good luck to you Manoj as you attempt to find the answers for these very mystifying occurrences.  

Alzheimer`s Disease

Cindy Keith, RN, BS, Certified Dementia Practitioner