Alzheimer`s Disease/Triggers of Advanced Dementia

Whether for degenerative dementia(Progressive)  secondary motor features (Parkinsionism)like gait 1)feezing/2)slowness of movement/3)shaking of limbs/4)stiffness of body parts may come in course of time for a patient(92 year old)as a part of advanced disease.
   And probably MRI/CT Scan cannot identify the above triggers of any of the above symptoms.Please opine

Hi Kalyan,

Thank you for writing.  I think you are asking why an MRI/CT scan cannot identify triggers of the symptoms for those diseases listed?

An MRI/CT scan can only show MASS deterioration; therefore, it will show which areas of the brain have deteriorated, but cannot conclude or predict how this will affect motor skills in an individual.   

While each area of the brain controls a different portion of the body and motor skills, it is a very minute and intense determination as to what motor skills will be affected and how.  My experience is that each individual is affected slightly different, albeit the same deterioration in the same portion of the brain.

I hope this helps your question.

With Best Regards,

Michalene Peticca, MA  

Alzheimer`s Disease

Michalene Peticca

I'd be happy to help with any questions about Alzheimer's or Dementia diseases. I can also help with Medicare, Long term care & other insurance questions.

I have my Masters degree in Geriatrics and am credentialed through the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Pennstate Milton Hershey hospital and the American Geriatrics Society. I've been in healthcare for over 20 years and worked directly with Alzheimer's and Dementia individuals for most of that time. I am also a licensed insurance agent in PA and MD. Currently i train healthcare professionals to care for Alzheimer and Dementia individuals and i have been a care manager for guardianship services in PA

American Geriatrics Society

Masters degree in Geriatrics Licensed insurance agent in PA & MD.

PHI Homes in Pennsylvania York, Dauphin & Adams County Area on Aging The Jewish Home of Harrisburg