Alzheimer`s Disease/forgetting basic knowledge

Dear Michalene

Some years ago, I was riding in a bus with my daughter one evening, and I grew tired and fell asleep. After a short dose, I woke up and happened to look to my right, and never knew this young miss seated beside me, and her Christian appearance made me wonder what church she attended. Within a few seconds her face came back to me, even that of my very own daughter who was seated beside me in the bus, and who has lived with me all her life, which means I see her every single day. I found this to be odd, for irrespective of how tired one is, certain basic knowledge as one's own child,should not leave one's memory. A medical doctor told me this can happen when the brain is tired, but somehow I want to hear from you your take on this.
Few times after, but only when I am tired, places which I am familiar with, I will lose memory of it for about a second, even the very road on which I live. I think this happened one other times, and it was in the night when I am almost sure I was feeling tired also.
I await your response regarding this problem of mine.

Your truly

Hi David,

Thank you for writing.  I'm sorry you are experiencing this episodes of memory loss.   

I tend to agree with your medical doctor that it is a reaction for extreme tiredness.  Another example of this type of "memory loss" is when you are sleeping in a new place, but think you are still at home and the first minute or two you cannot remember where you are.

If you still have concerns or these episodes become more frequent, I would suggest an MRI of your brain just to rule out the possibility of small strokes occurring within your brain.

Many prayers for you.

With best regards,

Michalene Peticca, MA

Alzheimer`s Disease

Michalene Peticca

I'd be happy to help with any questions about Alzheimer's or Dementia diseases. I can also help with Medicare, Long term care & other insurance questions.

I have my Masters degree in Geriatrics and am credentialed through the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Pennstate Milton Hershey hospital and the American Geriatrics Society. I've been in healthcare for over 20 years and worked directly with Alzheimer's and Dementia individuals for most of that time. I am also a licensed insurance agent in PA and MD. Currently i train healthcare professionals to care for Alzheimer and Dementia individuals and i have been a care manager for guardianship services in PA

American Geriatrics Society

Masters degree in Geriatrics Licensed insurance agent in PA & MD.

PHI Homes in Pennsylvania York, Dauphin & Adams County Area on Aging The Jewish Home of Harrisburg