Alzheimer`s Disease/Question

Question
Hi Paula
I am 56. I currently take medication for hypertension, acid reflux, and adult ADD (buproprion 150 XR).
In the last few weeks, I have been noticing that I am not functioning as well medically as I used to. I looked up the early warning signs of senility, and I do have a few. I seem to be 'slower' doing daily things as I need to think them out more, I have made some purchase recently online that I now regret, I am driving my car slower and am more apprehensive while driving, paying bills and writing cheques seems a bit more difficult, and although not depressed I seem more content to just stay at home. My wife tried to get me out to the new Star Wars but I am not interested.
Does this sound like early senility, or just getting old? Could it also be the wellbutrin having more effect on me? I was prescribed it for adult ADD years ago, and some of its side effects seem to corellate.
I will try going off it first, and speak to my own doc, but until then I will value you opinion. Thanks, and happy new year!

Answer
Hi Bud,

I think you are correct in speaking to your doctor about all the medications you are taking and their side effects. I would also get a complete physical to include blood work to make sure that nothing else could be going on. If you check out healthy then perhaps a drug holiday would be a god place to start to see if that makes a difference.

Could it be early dementia, sure but let's not jump in that too son. Let's make sure nothing else is going on first. Here's hoping it's not.

Best of luck,
Paula

Alzheimer`s Disease

Paula Damgaard