Alzheimer`s Disease/Memory Loss and Attention Problem

Question
Dear Tanya,

I don't think I have become mad but I am certainly going to become one as the time progresses. It has almost become impossible for me to concentrate. Last day one of my colleague tried to explain me a topic but I couldn't focus on what she was saying. I listened to her words for a few seconds and after that strange things started to happen. Sometimes I feel like my mind is empty and sometimes too many voices... my mind behaves like that it is wandering anywhere. She tried to explain me the concept thrice but I couldn't remember anything, even a single word. If you tell me something right now I will forget whatever you said in a minute or two or sometimes in a few seconds. I can't remember things.
I can't pay attention to what people are saying... no matter how hard I try but my mind wanders.
My mind doesn't remain quiet all the day.
I tried to read a book yesterday but I couldn't read more than two pages... I just can't give attention to what people are saying. Even if I do I forget whatever they said.
What I feel is that it is not "attention problem"... it is memory loss problem and I am very afraid.
By the way last week my MRI was done and it was perfectly fine.

Please help. I am very afraid.

Utkarsh

Answer
Dear Utkarsh,

I am sorry for not replying to your question sooner, I had to check the latest information that I hope will be useful to you. Here is what I suggest you can do. The most important part is METABOLIC SUPPORT - do not miss it!

METABOLIC SUPPORT

To protect and improve your condition, I advise you to take these three supplements. The concept and scientific evidence can be found at our official website Energy for the Brain

a) Pyruvate

Pyruvate is the most natural energy substance produced by our bodies from glucose. Cognitive problems occur when glucose cannot be used by brain cells effectively enough. Pyruvate is used more readily. You can search in your nutrition store or on amazon,com for the best deal. The effective dose is 6 grams a day, increasing the dose does not work any better.

b) Insulin sensitivity is another trouble causing cognitive problems. Currently, there are several several natural supplements restoring insulin sensitivity, of which I recommend you the most versatile and easily available - Goji berries. Again, look for them in your grocery or health food store or search on Amazon. The daily dose is about 2 to 4 tablespoons of dried berries, eaten with foods or prepared as tea in two cups of boiling water, the berries eaten as well.

c) Antioxidant support

The best natural antioxidant with good bioavailability taken orally is superoxide dismutase (SOD) made of very special melon grown in France, Luberone, and called "melon SOD". Same as with previous two, search for the best deal. Please don't hesitate asking me to help finding the supplements.

EATING
There is evidence that the change in eating habits can do you good on the long run - but the sooner you start, the better the results.

Here is a short summary. The foods most successfully improving cognitive performance and memory, habitually eaten as many times a week or day as indicated:

Green leafy vegetables    >6 times a week
Other vegetables        >1 times a day
Nuts          >5 times a week  
Berries         >2 times a week
Beans          >3 times a week
Whole grains       >3 times a day
Fish          >1 times a week
Poultry         >2 times a week
Olive oil      must be the main oil for cooking/dressing
Red wine          1 time a day  

The foods you must eat infrequently:

Red meats         >4/times a week   
Butter and stick margarine   >1 Tbs a day
Cheese          >1 time a week
Pastries and sweets      >5 times a week
Fried or fast food      >1 time a week

Source : Morris, M. C., Tangney, C. C., Wang, Y., Sacks, F. M., Bennett, D. A., & Aggarwal, N. T. (2015). MIND diet associated with reduced incidence of Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's & Dementia, ahead of print

2. EXERCISING
As to physical activities, it is advised to work out 30 minutes daily or more. Best results, however, were reported for 1 hour of moderate activity (walking/strolling, gardening, cooking, shopping, etc.) plus 20-30 minutes of more intense but not exhausting activities, of which strength/resistant training  is now recognized as the most effective.

It is important to include new activities requiring memorization of movement patterns like dance, Tai Chi and the like as well as activities emphasizing mindfulness.

I wish you good luck and will be happy to be of any further help,

T. Zilberter  

Alzheimer`s Disease

Tanya Zilberter